Biodiesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fyermn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I have a fuel station near me that sells a Diesel/biodiesel blend. I have used it a couple of times, but I am not sure if it is good for my RAM 2015 1500 Ecodiesel. Any comments would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L V6 EcoDiesel
Id like to know as well. I've never seen a station that sells biodiesel but if the zombies ever show up it would be nice to know I have options.

TimboRam77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ran b100 in my 5.9 cummins for years. b70 in the winter. Made many barrels myself. Never a problem except when Running over b70 when it dropped below 40. Not a ecodiesel however. From all I've gleaned over the years it's not the diesel engine it's the fuel delivey system. My truck with cat smelled like nitromethane.

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
The biggest concerns that I have with Biodiesel is the DPF system on the 2013 + trucks. Is the biodiesel causing more soot to collect in the DPF's? Is the Bio soot burned out like pure diesel soot? Over an extended period will the fuel separate?

The fuel industry told us that 10% methanol was fine to use and better for the environment. Leave some in your outdoor equipment.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a fuel station near me that sells a Diesel/biodiesel blend. I have used it a couple of times, but I am not sure if it is good for my RAM 2015 1500 Ecodiesel. Any comments would be appreciated.
Are you talking about the sticker on the pump that says something along the lines of “may contain up to 20% biodiesel”? If so, that pretty standard across the nation. In fact, I can’t recall any gas stations I’ve come across that didn’t have that sticker. It’s perfectly fine to run, and there’s no different effects on the dpf or scr systems.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf