Black housing headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbcook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have these headlights (below) and they look great on my truck, but one of them is full of condensation when its raining or cold. I'm sure it will just get worse because I live in a very humid area of NC. Does anyone have experience with these headlights and maybe fixing them so this doesn't happen, or does anyone have a suggestion for black housing headlights that look good, work good, and do not get condensation inside. I'll pay for it, just want to get this figured out so I can move on.

The dealer I bought the truck from put these on the truck. It is a 2006 ram quad cab SLT 4x4 nightrunner editition

https://realtruck.com/p/spec-d-blac...gdDKrEgHrKlYvsD7qqd4CvLW2k7BN_zoaAjSsEALw_wcB

20190217_125409 (1).jpg

MikeG71

U.S. ARMY '02 - '12
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega 2500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you don't want to replace them you could separate the lens from the housing and reseal it (or them).

Not a Ram headlight but same process. You can also go around the edges with a Heat Gun if you don't want to bake it.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could try putting more seal on the existing, just some silicon. A lot of people do that and it will fix it. I have had two sets of aftermarket lights and there was always one light that would get condensation. Some silicon fixed it.

I have since baked one of the sets for a custom build. I quickly realized the butyl was much thinner than the oem headlights.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got a set of Perde black headlights for my 4th gen. As a precaution I ran a bead of silicone around the lens before installing. So far so good.

OP
OP
J

jbcook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for all the replies. I might just apply some silicone. :)

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
ive been really considering these for my truck.. hows the light output??
I think they do very well. I haven't driven out in the country yet to see how well they shine when it is really dark. I live in town so it makes it a little more difficult to tell how bright they work. I don't do much night time driving.