Blend Door Actuators

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lundyrw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How difficult is it to change the blend door actuators in a 2014 Ram 1500 Express Crew Cab? The quote I got from the shop was like $1100 and the actuators are only may $30-$40. Can anyone help me out on this?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How difficult is it to change the blend door actuators in a 2014 Ram 1500 Express Crew Cab? The quote I got from the shop was like $1100 and the actuators are only may $30-$40. Can anyone help me out on this?
It's not bad depending on which ones you need to change. The temp blend door is behind the glove box and not to hard to get too. The others may be harder but not impossible. The trucks with the Dual Zone ATC system have a blend door on the back of the HVAC box which requires removing the dash but your Express is a Single Zone system so you don't have the extra blend door. One thing to note is make sure you buy the OEM blend door motor that's the same part# as yours. The aftermarket brands like Doorman have been known to not work correctly. You may be able to find a video on YouTube or more information online. I actually pulled my and converted my 14 Express to Dual Zone. It's really not even that tough to remove the dash. There is a video on YouTube that shows how to do that as well. I definitely wouldn't pay $1100 to have it done.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

Lundyrw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks Rick. They said it was the temperature actuator, but that there were two of them. Anywhere I can look up a diagram of this thing. Also any idea where I could get a HVAC control module for less than $450, looks like that’s the going rate for a new one online.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Rick. They said it was the temperature actuator, but that there were two of them. Anywhere I can look up a diagram of this thing. Also any idea where I could get a HVAC control module for less than $450, looks like that’s the going rate for a new one online.
Thats for the HVAC module not the blend door motor. The blend door motor is around $50. Contact Benny at Allmoparparts.com. he will get you the correct blend door motor for the truck. Don't install an aftermarket brand. Some of them don't work well with the truck's electronics. As far as the temp blend door goes as far as I know in a single zone truck you should only have one and it's directly behind the glove box.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
A lady friend of mine traded her highlander in because toyota wanted 3800 to change blend doors, lol. I wonder if they are made to break just so dealers can get rich fixing them. I guarantee if truck owners designed this stuff, it wouldn't be an 1100 dollar fix, but trust me could be worse. I seen a youtube taking off a dash from passengers, wasn't too hard but scary looking to see a dash open like that.

middle dash seams doable..

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Plastic gears, what do you think is gonna happen overtime? Freak'n built to break. This guy fixed it in ten minutes and ram wants 1100 bucks? Crap