Blind right turn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oluhm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
2017 Ram 2500 4x4 diesel
Dark two lane roads at night. Can see into a right turn. Hope I don’t cut the turn short. Have to look for center of road. Headlight don’t cover out enough to right or left
What to do

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
If you have fog lights they should help a lot, mine do. They scatter off to the side quite a bit. I live on a rural road with two 90 degree turns, I turn off my brights so the fogs come on so I can see better on the turns.

OP
OP
O

oluhm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
looks like fog lights are the answer
thanks

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I turn off my brights so the fogs come on so I can see better on the turns.
You can use AlfaOBD to disable the fog light drop out so they will stay on with the high beams.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Absolutely no joke, absolutely the best answer for this is PIAA fogs. I prefer the rainbow lenses. They are so powerful and such good peripheral vision the are better then factory headlights by a mile and a half. Best mod I ever had besides LineX, hard to tell which I like better of those two mods. PIAA fogs you simply wont regret, but they aint cheap.

The best part if they don't offend oncoming drivers, which on busy country roads is a thing.

OIP.jpg

22-05370-lighted.jpg

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
There are other brands too, I just like PIAA myself, but look at the end of this video, this is what you can expect with PIAA or other high quality fogs like the ones listed. You see the light is better then factory headlights, no joke, but they produce no glare for oncoming traffic.

look at the before and after peripheral, end of discussion.

KenR 955

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2017 Ram 2500 4x4 diesel
Dark two lane roads at night. Can see into a right turn. Hope I don’t cut the turn short. Have to look for center of road. Headlight don’t cover out enough to right or left
What to do

I have the same complaint, making a 90 degree turn, (or greater), the road does not have any light from the headlights or the fogs. They are too recessed in the mounting holders, it seems. They throw a 45 degree light path from straight ahead. I'll look for a video of the PIAA lights if I can find one. I'll look for a specific 4th gen video, as the recess of the mount seems to me to be the issue, not the bulb so much.

KenR 955

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Gw0bDm.jpg

just the light bar, no headlights

1YwGbZ.jpg

kRMtCp.jpg

In a heavy Fog, everyone follows me, i do turn on my cargo light, so they can see me without following right on my tailgate.
A curved light bar in the same place would work even better

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01