Blocking certain SiriusXM channels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jib88fer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I purchased a 2015 Ram with the 5.0Uconnect. Some of the channels were blocked I listen to, so I set it back to stock settings. Now I want to block some of the channels I do not listen to, and can find NOTHING on this other than brief notes about "parental controls", which I can't find on my radio.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I KNOW they were blocked when purchased.

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What were your indications that the channels were blocked? Granted, my radio is a 2018 8.4, but my UConnect manual does not mention anything about blocking channels. My Ram Owner's Manual mentions a Channel Skip setting that will skip selected channels while scanning, but it would seem that those channels could still be manually tuned to. It does appear that selecting Restore Settings would clear those skipped channels like you describe.

Doug Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel _3.0
Call Sirius. They will block some channels and you will pay less too. We block Howard Stern, the prono channel and a few others, so kiddies don't tune it in on using the app or on our Grace Internet radio. There are a few news channels I'd like to block too.....

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Which channels? It is all in your subscription. I have extra channels that I pay for through the app and stream it in my ram and in the house/garage.

HandyCruiser

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi (no e-Torque)
I found that prono channel one night when I was waiting for my sweeitie in the grocery store. I couldn't believe they were saying that stuff on SiriusXM. I showed it to my sweetie, who has a deep sexy voice, and told her she might be able to get job with SiriusXM. :cool:

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
Somewere in the sirius setup you can selet which channels to skip.

OP
OP
jib88fer

jib88fer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will go over the setup again, tks LouM. Thank you for the replies, but Sirius claims they have nothing to do with this. I had all the channels in my old truck. I transferred my plan to the new one, but could not tune to 80's on ch8 (I'm old ) among others. I also noticed that it had favorites constantly pinging me that I would never listen to. I didn't even know it had a fav option/section when purchased. I did a factory reset and all favs were deleted, and all channels came back. Now I have MY favs pinging me, but no dice on blocking others. I was hoping it was a simple "go here, click that" type of thing. i will reach out to a different Sirius rep to see if i can "amend" my listenable list. Just like DTV and Dish, 200 channels of junk, 10 you actually want.....

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I will go over the setup again, tks LouM. Thank you for the replies, but Sirius claims they have nothing to do with this. I had all the channels in my old truck. I transferred my plan to the new one, but could not tune to 80's on ch8 (I'm old ) among others. I also noticed that it had favorites constantly pinging me that I would never listen to. I didn't even know it had a fav option/section when purchased. I did a factory reset and all favs were deleted, and all channels came back. Now I have MY favs pinging me, but no dice on blocking others. I was hoping it was a simple "go here, click that" type of thing. i will reach out to a different Sirius rep to see if i can "amend" my listenable list. Just like DTV and Dish, 200 channels of junk, 10 you actually want.....
Thats weird 80s on 8 doesn't work. Definitely something wrong there.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
This is for a Ford radio but you might gain some insite here.