Blown Shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MidwestExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Sorry about those troubles man, that seems very strange. I haven't read about anyone having that type of repeated issue.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
A little update here. Received another Fox and put those back on there. At first the rear stiffened up substantially and rode a helluva lot better, but within just a few weeks it's progressively getting worse again.

So I brought it up to my buddies ol man who has been a mechanic for over 35 years, put it up on his lift and could not find anything mechanically wrong.
So he recommended another guy who used to be a Dodge mechanic for many years and now has his own shop. So taking it to him tomorrow so be can take it for a spin and hopefully figure out what the issue is here.

If not, don't know what I'm going to do next. Either take my chances and order up all the Core 4x4 gear or return it back to stock. Right now it's terrible to drive...

Bent frame??? Since it seems to be happening on the same corner of the truck over n over again. Or could be the axle is out of alignment...

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road

OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bent frame??? Since it seems to be happening on the same corner of the truck over n over again. Or could be the axle is out of alignment...

I can't see how it would be bent frame, no accidents or anything like that. And it isn't the same corner, the truck twists in every corner it seems.
The guy this morning seems to think the issue is stemming in the front, which would make sense as it seems to dip and lift off the pavement if I hit a big enough rut.
So instead of going through the hassle of tearing out the 5100's up front to inspect I may just go ahead and pick up the 6112's. I know they're geared more towards off road use, but the roads around here pretty much are offroad...

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I can't see how it would be bent frame, no accidents or anything like that. And it isn't the same corner, the truck twists in every corner it seems.
The guy this morning seems to think the issue is stemming in the front, which would make sense as it seems to dip and lift off the pavement if I hit a big enough rut.
So instead of going through the hassle of tearing out the 5100's up front to inspect I may just go ahead and pick up the 6112's. I know they're geared more towards off road use, but the roads around here pretty much are offroad...

My question marks just mean a thought. Something else to think about that’s all

ISellRams22

TxnRamTrvlr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
continuing to order new shocks doesnt at all and wont fix the problem, 6100's wont do anything. there is something wrong with the truck i would presume. but thats just my 2 cents. sorry to hear your bad luck man

OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My question marks just mean a thought. Something else to think about that’s all

Gotcha...yeah can't really rule anything out at this point.

continuing to order new shocks doesnt at all and wont fix the problem, 6100's wont do anything. there is something wrong with the truck i would presume. but thats just my 2 cents. sorry to hear your bad luck man

Going to be ordering new struts for the front this time, they come with new springs and all (was thinking about doing this before anyway). And will be leaving the rears alone. But yeah I agree, there is definitely something wrong. Everything in the rear suspension wise has been addressed. So it would make sense to me that the issue is in fact rooted in the front end. And the rear springs just can't keep up with the twisting action that's going on.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol, you should slow down when you tackle this ruts, either that, or replace all the factory stuff with King or Icon 2.5 Coiloves/shocks, and get some 2.5 air cans front and rear, if you manage to damage those in this "ruts", then you need bypases and longer hi performance shocks, not kidding.... :)

OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol, you should slow down when you tackle this ruts, either that, or replace all the factory stuff with King or Icon 2.5 Coiloves/shocks, and get some 2.5 air cans front and rear, if you manage to damage those in this "ruts", then you need bypases and longer hi performance shocks, not kidding.... :)

Lol, maybe ruts was the wrong word there. Just uneven, ****** pavement around here. And it happens going as slow as 20-30km/hr when the speed limit is 50-60. I was thinking going the coilover route too, sad thing is it probably would've been cheaper in the long run.

DarthMegaHD

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 MegaCab 4x4 Black Edition
Maybe you have loose leafs and the vibrations are killing your shocks