Bluetooth vs USB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jayturk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi forum,
I was wondering why the volume is severely decreased when listening to music via bluetooth vs. USB, same music, same source? Thanks in advance for any input.

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
Because Ram forgot to consult the Japanese on how these newfangled computers and electronics work. My base model corolla has better audio and streaming technology than this much more expensive truck ;)

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hi forum,
I was wondering why the volume is severely decreased when listening to music via bluetooth vs. USB, same music, same source? Thanks in advance for any input.

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear this is happening. If you're interested, I would be happy to open a case for you so we can formally document this concern. Please let me know!

Alison
RamCares

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I'm pretty sure it's what @runamuck said. If your device (phone/ipod) volume is turned down, you'll have to turn it up. I also seem to recall some other setting like Aux audio offset or something like that. That may only be for something plugged into the Aux plug, but might be worth checking.

OP
OP
J

Jayturk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just tried it today, bluetooth volume at 23 is the same as USB at 16. I'll try adjusting the volume on the phone and see if that works, thanks.

13ram1500crew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
My '19 with the 12" screen does the same. Volume is louder and clearer when my iphone is plugged into USB compared to playing it over Bluetooth. Doesnt bother me through, you can change the EQ setting on your phone to improve the sound.