Body control module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

renfrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So lately when I start the truck the instrument panel doesn’t work and every idiot light on the dash lights up. No rpm’ no speedo. Nothing works. Truck runs fine. When I shut it off and re Start it everything works and the cel comes on.
No big deal to me ( truck runs fine) but now I need emissions done. I had my buddy scan it and there’s also a can shaft sensor slow to respond code. We cleared all the codes to see if it would stay cleared and get a ready status to run through emissions but no go. The instrument panel thing happened and cel came back on. Anyone run into this before? Truck is a 2010 ram sport reg cab with a 5.7 and over 200,000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
So lately when I start the truck the instrument panel doesn’t work and every idiot light on the dash lights up. No rpm’ no speedo. Nothing works. Truck runs fine. When I shut it off and re Start it everything works and the cel comes on.
No big deal to me ( truck runs fine) but now I need emissions done. I had my buddy scan it and there’s also a can shaft sensor slow to respond code. We cleared all the codes to see if it would stay cleared and get a ready status to run through emissions but no go. The instrument panel thing happened and cel came back on. Anyone run into this before? Truck is a 2010 ram sport reg cab with a 5.7 and over 200,000 miles.

Check your grounds. Usually a ground is loose when you experience intermittent wiring issue

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Also check the battery voltage. A lot of strange electrical gremlins appear when your battery is on it's last leg.

JayLuke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
Yeah, I bought a used truck that ran and drove but was having some issues and the check engine light was on, a new battery solved most of the issues and I was able to clear the trouble codes.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s not a ground issue, it’s the door control modul. Had the same issues with my 2010. Wires were corroded and melted.
Check your door control modul when you take off your door panel.

OP
OP
R

renfrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We put a new cam sensor in and it didn’t solve the problem. I’ll check the door control module

I have a new battery
I’ll check the ground

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
It’s not a ground issue, it’s the door control modul. Had the same issues with my 2010. Wires were corroded and melted.
Check your door control modul when you take off your door panel.

If melted and corroded wires weren't a dead give away :confused:

OP
OP
R

renfrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So an update
Put a new cam sensor in and light came back on so under the intake there’s a solenoid that had to be replaced. Passed emissions!! Light is still off. Now I have to figure out what’s up with the dash lights. I’ll remove the door panel and check the module. That happened again tonight so it’s happening more frequently now so I have to fiquire it

OP
OP
R

renfrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The engine light was figured out with the cam shaft sensor and the exhaust solenoid under the intake
Haven’t figured out where the door module is yet
PM’d infantry Vet but haven’t heard back yet where it is located
If anyone knows where the door module is can you let me know

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
The engine light was figured out with the cam shaft sensor and the exhaust solenoid under the intake
Haven’t figured out where the door module is yet
PM’d infantry Vet but haven’t heard back yet where it is located
If anyone knows where the door module is can you let me know

Take the door panel off. It's the square looking box above the 6x9. It will be obvious as all the wires connect to it.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Stole this photo from someone's door panel removed to mark its location. Not my truck.
Screenshot_20201110-080931_Chrome~2.jpg

Hopefully it helps

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check your grounds. Usually a ground is loose when you experience intermittent wiring issue
My first checks would be grounds also, and then a visual inspection of the connectors and wirings associated with the cluster. Always a good chance that some part of the wiring is loose or corroded.

OP
OP
R

renfrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks guys
I’ll look this weekend and report back.

OP
OP
R

renfrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update
So far it looks like the door module. Looking closely at the top molex connector on the right , you can see some corrosion on the pins. Thanks to dodges design the water runs towards the mirror where the window is then drains [because of there seal ] down and spills onto the module. I cleaned them up and put some grease on them. Time will tell , but that’s what it looks like

Thanks to all for the help