Body damage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've found a few people parting out their rams near me. I found a color marched door in Philly and a white door closer to me. I'm just waiting for the sellers to respond if the doors are still available.
If you sent the generic “is this still available” message, good chance you won’t get a response either way, lol. Fb marketplace sellers hate that

OP
OP
RangerWeaver

RangerWeaver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7L
If you sent the generic “is this still available” message, good chance you won’t get a response either way, lol. Fb marketplace sellers hate that
No I messaged the regarding the specific part/parts I was looking for. I never just send the generic message.
The color matched I don't expect to hear anything until Monday or Tuesday as it is a Tow Yard and they aren't open to pull parts on the weekend. The other one I am hoping to hear something soon.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
How often do they have Auto Swap Meets over in Carlisle ??

Looks like there is one next weekend

ALLENTOWN PA FAIRGROUNDS • The THRILL of the HUNT! For more than 30 years Auto Mania has been Pennsylvania’s largest indoor heated automotive Flea Market. With continued support from Carlisle Events, old school collectors are turning collections into cash. This can be you!

Last edited:
OP
OP
RangerWeaver

RangerWeaver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7L
How often do they have Auto Swap Meets over in Carlisle ??
Honestly I don't know. But one of the techs I work with does go to them often. I'll have to ask him on Tuesday.

Quick Edit: I did find a swap meet/Auto flea market next weekend about an hour and a half from me.

Last edited:

Wmjohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Check several pdr guys first! Some have greater capabilities than others.

Check this very serious door dent in my 2014. Its way worse than yours. 100% of this door was done by pdr. It was perfect. Zero paint, zero bondo. (The rocker got some bondo)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240115_104515_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240115_104515_Gallery.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 13

weldguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check with your insurance writer. In some states, if the deer runs INTO you, the state is responsible for the repair bill.

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lower your comprehensive deductible. I'm not willing to shell out more than $100 for some schmutz that I can't control like deer.

The only way that's getting fixed right is a new door and bedside, too many hard creases for PDR nevermind the cracks in the paint. I can tell you that a good shop is going to be at least 6k to fix that. An empty door and bed skin are around $1k EACH, plus labor and materials to properly blend into the surrounding panels.

As mentioned elsewhere, the insurance isn't paying you to FIX your vehicle. They are paying for the correction to the loss in value so if you take the money from the estimate and throw a recycled door on and pop the bedside out to be presentable...that's your prerogative.

Right now my truck is in the shop since I cleaned up a guard rail with it. I did the mechanical repairs myself so it was driveable until it went in the body shop, the cost savings by finding used parts etc as well as the labor will more than pay for my $500 collision ded.

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check several pdr guys first! Some have greater capabilities than others.

Check this very serious door dent in my 2014. Its way worse than yours. 100% of this door was done by pdr. It was perfect. Zero paint, zero bondo. (The rocker got some bondo)
Don't get his hopes up. His door paint is cracked in at least three spots, the bed in at least one. Far more sharp creases than your door had as well.

PDR can be amazing, but it's not magic.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Here in PA you or your insurance only responsible, of course, if the deer has there own insurance, then maybe you can get reimbursed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93