body work advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glengarryGR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2010 Tango Mango Orange Ram now has 4-6 rust bubbles (size of a dime to a quarter) starting to peak thru on 1 of the 4 qtr panels just above the wheel. No other rust showing but perhaps it's there. 97k miles and I want to keep it. Question: The last time I did body work was on a fiberglass corvette in the 80s. Came out ok. Would you DIY or have a pro body shop do it? My concern is the body shop may be able to find (and address) more body issues than I can.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You need to remove the rust entirely,otherwise it will creep back into your life. If you are capable you should do it yourself, it will save you a lot of dollars. However it requires lots of different tools , grinders, sanders , welders. There used to be pieces of foam of some sort in the beds between the inner and outer panels that would hold salt ,dirt ,**** . This also led to the rust through.