Boosted Hemi 6.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liljohn30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have heard a couple members saying that the 6.4 hemi does not like forced induction what issues were people having my trucks a daily driver on the weekend and I really want to supercharge but I want ultra reliable

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have heard a couple members saying that the 6.4 hemi does not like forced induction what issues were people having my trucks a daily driver on the weekend and I really want to supercharge but I want ultra reliable
What the 6.4 does not like is a ton of boost crammed in the motor and a bunch of timing to go along with it.

8-10lbs of boost with 16-18° of timing and good, quality pump gas and it will make power and be reliable. Start getting crazy with the timing and it won't survive.

Tune it properly and have a wideband on-board so you can keep and eye on the AFR and you will have a fun daily driver with no issues.

OP
OP
liljohn30

liljohn30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Factory pro charger is six psi of boost that’s really all I want they also said that Diablo sport can unlock the PCM and then pro charger will give them the appropriate tune for it if that’s the case at all I have to do is use decent gas but I’m going to do it I guess I’ll have to get the Trinity to monitor the air fuel

ksonnen1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will let you know after July 6th when the procharger kit is installed and tuned with ARH longtube headers.

Attachments

• 20210630_130925[1].jpg
    20210630_130925[1].jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210630_130851[1].jpg
    20210630_130851[1].jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
liljohn30

liljohn30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I don’t think I want to fool with hedders I just want to supercharger I trucks loud enough

Last edited:

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I don’t think I want to fool with her I just want to supercharger I trucks loud enough
I would consider the tune from Procharger a base tune and not 100% road ready. It will probably be good enough to get it running but I would make an appointment for some dyno time to get it dialed in. The tune will be the difference between making good, reliable power and a short block coming out of the pocket book.

If you haven't already purchased a wideband I would make it the next thing on my list.

Dr. Righteous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I will let you know after July 6th when the procharger kit is installed and tuned with ARH longtube headers.
Nice but something to consider; When you supercharge a vehicle this negates the whole reason for long tube headers which is the scavenging effect. The only other advantage is they are more free flowing than the stock manifolds. I would reconsider long tubes and just go with a set of shorties headers. They are not much difficult to install than the stock manifolds and generally much cheaper than long tube headers.

I know you always see long tubes on any performance engine with a blower of some kind but this is more "bolt-on fever" than considering the real performance benefits.

ksonnen1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is nothing for me to consider. I have two friends with 6.4 supercharges who both have had increased HP and torque thruout the range with the longtube vs the stock manifold on 2500 truck and the other challanger stock shorty manifolds. During the initial tuning they both had less boost with the longtubes but with tunning they both acheived easily the same hp/tq then the stock manifolds with less boost. When changing pulley's to the get back to the initial boost they had and then tuned again there wasn't even a question that the longtubes with same amount of boost netted more hp/tq. Both were tuned and dynoed by the same shop and i have seen the results.

I will add there was much more hp/tq gains on the 2500 truck 6.4 going from the oem exhaust manifolds to the longtubes then there was going from the challenger shorty type oem exhaust type headers to the longtubes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
liljohn30

liljohn30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Good info, I know with turbo applications get the gas out the more beneficial