Borla resonator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just had the S-Type installed last week. This is loud. I love the tone, it's just a little loud for what I was hoping. Anyone install the resonator and have input on how much of a difference it made? I'm not looking to make it quiet, just don't want to wake the neighbors when I start it each morning.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I’ve had the S type and I know what you mean. My buddy has that and also purchased the resonator and swears it’s now dropped to a manageable level. My thing is that should have been included in the original build. Of course that’s just my opinion. I swapped everything out and I’m running the Mopar catback. That thing when I first start it will bring down a building but quiets down real quick lol..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
popcenator

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can handle the S-Type in every situation, I just don't want to be that neighbor, you know. The cold starts in the morning are the concern. I may get the resonator then if he feels that its helped. I love the Borla tone, I just want to be a considerate neighbor. Thanks for the response buddy!

OP
OP
popcenator

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve had the S type and I know what you mean. My buddy has that and also purchased the resonator and swears it’s now dropped to a manageable level. My thing is that should have been included in the original build. Of course that’s just my opinion. I swapped everything out and I’m running the Mopar catback. That thing when I first start it will bring down a building but quiets down real quick lol..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I went back and forth for a while between the Borla S-Type and the Corsa, which I believe is basically what the Mopar exhaust is (I could be wrong though). I love the muscle car sound of the Corsa, but in the end decided on the S-Type.

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have dual Borlas on mine with dual borla resonators with a x pipe coming out of the stock cats. Super deep tone with no drone, sounds perfect in my opinion. I don’t like loud vehicles since I am older now, and these are only loud when you punch it to the floor. No rasp or popping. Vibrant also makes a good resonator for cheap.