Bought a Ram after 5 F-150’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dknain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m sure glad I didn’t have to go through that when I bought my brand new 2018 almost 2 years ago because my truck didn’t come from the dealership that I bought it from, either. As a matter of fact, my truck came from a dealer that was over two hours away.

I was really looking forward to just ordering one and getting it exactly like I wanted it but since because of the dawn of that new fifth GEN body style, Chrysler wasn’t taking any more orders on the higher-ended trims of trucks-mine’s a Limited- so it was pretty much down to whatever was already built that I had to choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sounds like you had a competent dealer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

dknain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the Group,I also owner 5 previous Fords, no real problems with the Ecoboost, mine was Trans problems with the 10 speed, cold shift issues, miss shifting,4 PCM reflashes, got sick and tired of the same crap and denying and problems, they were going to replace my trans valve body, too many horror stories on that, and thats what brought me to FCA and I didn't look back, very happy with my 2019 Laramie

I had almost zero issues my Fords until this last one. Spun a rod bearing pulling my boat and didn’t have the truck for a month. The dealer didn’t have time to open it up for 2.5 weeks, got a new crate motor under warranty once they got the paperwork in. Pain in the ass! I’m happy with my decision so far. The Ram is a damn nice truck, especially for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
I have had 4 Ford trucks but got rid of the last about 2003. Will never buy another Ford product again. Of the 6 or so Fords I have owned 2 needed motors at low mileage. 1990 F150 302 got 9 MPG and went through a quart of oil every 800 miles. Dealer rebuilt the engine but it wasn't much better then the rear end lash was set wrong from the factory and the warranty was almost out so the service advisor suggested I get rid of it ASAP. 2nd was a 1992 F150 302. Not much trouble with this one. Then was a 1991 F250 5.8. Only issue was it would stall once in awhile. Then the 1994 F250 7.5 the 4x4 quit working right after I got it due to them using plastic gears on the front hubs. Then took it to Nags Head and used 6 quarts of oil down and back. The stereo quit working and it wouldn't start if it sat more than 2 days. Dealer could not fix any of these issues. Last was a brand new 1996 Windstar my wife had. Blew a head gasket at 70,000 miles. Ford had recalled up to 1995 but added a heat shield to the exhaust manifold. Called and complained and they said too bad. They had a bad attitude with me. I put a new engine in and shortly after the cruise quit working, the drivers side power window quit and one of the rear side windows quit venting. After that I was done with Ford forever. Had a couple of Chevys after that with no issues then got my first Ram in 2007. Had a 1985 1/2 ton Dodge in the mid 90's too but it was a cheaper rusted out truck with a 318 that ran great.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also just went from a 2015 3.5 eco boost F150 to a 2020 Laramie night edition with the etorque. So far so good. My only concern is the factory 22’s. Anyone out there swap for some 20’s to gain some sidewall to prevent curb rash?

View attachment 187886

I would think 20’s would just look better anyways despite the worry of curb rash. 20’s and the stock tires make a good asymmetrical combination but those 22’s and 33‘s are starting to get into the ghetto dubs wagon wheel look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro