Bought a Weigh Safe True Tow hitch.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been going back and forth about buying one because they aren't cheap. My current Equalizer is great but it's a 10k/1k model and my tongue weight is about 1000 lbs. I didn't want to run it maxed out anymore.

I looked into a 12k/1200 Equalizer but this offered a little more. With a 10% discount the TT came to $809 with free shipping and no sales tax. It comes with the hitch ball and shank as well. I love the fact that it has a built in scale and it's far enough back that I can open my tailgate completely with the trailer hitched up. It's rated for up to 15k/1500 so it's plenty strong. I watched a few reviews and the hitch seems really solid. It looks to be the same quality level as the Equalizer and I'm a fan of the 4 point friction set ups and this is the same in that respect.

It should be here in a week or so. I might have to extend my safety chains because the hitch is a little longer but that's easy enough.

I'll let you guys know what I think when I get it installed.

I'll probably be selling the EQ hitch if anyone is interested. Local pick up only because of the weight. I'll post it in the classifieds when this hitch is all hooked up and tested.

https://www.weigh-safe.com/true-tow-weight-distribution-hitch/

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
I've been going back and forth about buying one because they aren't cheap. My current Equalizer is great but it's a 10k/1k model and my tongue weight is about 1000 lbs. I didn't want to run it maxed out anymore.

I looked into a 12k/1200 Equalizer but this offered a little more. With a 10% discount the TT came to $809 with free shipping and no sales tax. It comes with the hitch ball and shank as well. I love the fact that it has a built in scale and it's far enough back that I can open my tailgate completely with the trailer hitched up. It's rated for up to 15k/1500 so it's plenty strong. I watched a few reviews and the hitch seems really solid. It looks to be the same quality level as the Equalizer and I'm a fan of the 4 point friction set ups and this is the same in that respect.

It should be here in a week or so. I might have to extend my safety chains because the hitch is a little longer but that's easy enough.

I'll probably be selling the EQ hitch if anyone is interested. Local pick up only because of the weight. I'll post it in the classifieds when this hitch is all hooked up and tested.

AWESOME. Let us know what you think about it. I've been really trying to get some money ahead for one. Like you, the features it has and the way it calculates the how to distribute the weight with the app takes the guess work out of it.

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have just the regular Weigh Safe hitch. Not the schmancy weight distribution one that you ordered. So I can't really comment on that, but....

I will say that my opinion of Weigh Safe as a company is very high. I ordered from Weigh Safe directly.

Their stuff is first class. My aluminum hitch is a work of art. My hitch was packaged well. They use nice boxes. You can actually track the merchandise, not the bull that Amazon gives you. They'll let you know when it's delivered.

I pull a flatbed Sure Trac with a John Deere 3038E. The built in scale is really nice. I adjust where on the trailer I position the tractor, to get just the right amount of tongue weight.

Theyre pretty cool, to say the least.

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have just the regular Weigh Safe hitch. Not the schmancy weight distribution one that you ordered. So I can't really comment on that, but....

I will say that my opinion of Weigh Safe as a company is very high. I ordered from Weigh Safe directly.

Their stuff is first class. My aluminum hitch is a work of art. My hitch was packaged well. They use nice boxes. You can actually track the merchandise, not the bull that Amazon gives you. They'll let you know when it's delivered.

I pull a flatbed Sure Trac with a John Deere 3038E. The built in scale is really nice. I adjust where on the trailer I position the tractor, to get just the right amount of tongue weight.

Theyre pretty cool, to say the least.
Thanks for that input. Your experience matches what I've read other places. Nice to have that confirmation.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

I looked at this a lot before I ended up with the Bulletproof, which has been great. But I really like the idea of the built in scale and miss having that. Know from your posts that you really investigate things, so looking forward to hearing about it and how accurate the scale is. Good luck with it.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Loudram Very curious to hear your feedback, I’ve being eyeing this setup since purchasing our camper a couple of months ago. I have their aluminum 10” drop and as stated above, Weigh Safe’s stuff is top notch.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
LR, that's great man, congrats. That looks like a great hitch. Also looking forward to your updates after you get it installed.

Maybe a trip to a cat scale to test its accuracy would be in order at some point? Good luck bro.

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LR, that's great man, congrats. That looks like a great hitch. Also looking forward to your updates after you get it installed.

Maybe a trip to a cat scale to test its accuracy would be in order at some point? Good luck bro.

I'm really curious how it compares to the Better Weigh system I bought a few years ago. I'm thinking this hitch will be more accurate than the BW. I might take it to the scales too. There are no cat scales near me but there is a feed store with a public scale I've used before. We'll find out.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Nice man! It would be interesting to know that is for certain given that hitches cost. Someday when I buy a new tt, I will buy a good one as well to go along with it and that is an item,.in my.opinion anyway it's best to spend more for quality since it's basically (or.should be) a once and done purchase

Last edited:
OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Someday when I buy a new tt, I will buy a good white as well to go along with it and that is an item,.in my.opinion anyway it's best to spend more for quality since it's basically (or.should be) a once and done purchase

That's my thinking too. It's the one thing keeping the trailer attached to the truck. You don't want to cheap out with safety.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
That's my thinking too. It's the one thing keeping the trailer attached to the truck. You don't want to cheap out with safety.
100% agree. Spot on Sir.

Jeff Hancock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel
Hi all, new RAM 2500 owner here. I was just on the phone with a dealer in WA that has the WS hitch in stock. I was close to ordering the 2.5/8" version, but wanted to see if any other RAM owners have one. Looks like I'll go for it. No discount was offered though.

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all, new RAM 2500 owner here. I was just on the phone with a dealer in WA that has the WS hitch in stock. I was close to ordering the 2.5/8" version, but wanted to see if any other RAM owners have one. Looks like I'll go for it. No discount was offered though.
I went through their website and signed up for their newsletter. As a thank you for signing up they gave me a discount code. That saved me $90. Try it that way.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dammit Loud, did that hitch take the wrong turn at Albuquerque, or are you holding out on us?

Pics?

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dammit Loud, did that hitch take the wrong turn at Albuquerque, or are you holding out on us?

Pics?
I think it took a wrong turn because I'm still waiting for it. They shipped it on Friday and gave me a tracking number. FedEx says that the number isn't valid yet. I called Weigh Safe and they said that the number might take few days to get into the system. Meanwhile they said that it should take 3 to 4 days to get to me. Tomorrow is business day #4. So I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow. We're leaving on Thursday for our next trip and I'd like to have it installed for this trip. So that's where we stand. I'm impatient too.

ripping r

Old&Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I think it took a wrong turn because I'm still waiting for it. They shipped it on Friday and gave me a tracking number. FedEx says that the number isn't valid yet. I called Weigh Safe and they said that the number might take few days to get into the system. Meanwhile they said that it should take 3 to 4 days to get to me. Tomorrow is business day #4. So I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow. We're leaving on Thursday for our next trip and I'd like to have it installed for this trip. So that's where we stand. I'm impatient too.
they took a few days to ship me my locking pin. and i did have a tracking number but took days to show up on the site.