Brake advice have a 2017 Ram 1500 due for new brakes . Am looking for information on what brand of brake pads and rotors to buy .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nurseman1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Am looking for advice on what brand of pads and rotors to buy . I have a 2017 Ram 1500 do some towing and hauling . Ram has 62000 miles on current set that are original brakes and I feel that I should change them dealer wants 850 dollars for brake parts and $800 for labor can do myself but not sure of what type and brand to get . TIA

spuz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 l v8
Cheapest available and they are cheap.

DRam01

Reaction score
For pads there's many options out there. Depends on your application and needs... besides just stopping the truck. Daily driver, work truck, off-road, brodozer etc. Longevity stick with stock. Performance application there's EBC and Hawk Performance. Budget definately comes into play but if you're on the side of the road or worse nothing else matters. Rotors are made by a handful of companies similar to batteries. Slotted and cross-drilled are for show unless you're legitimately on a track. Stick with stock or go Wagner, Raybestos or anything NAPA.

Ramagain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you already got 62k out of stock, I don't see any reason not to go with stock or equivalent components. As suggested above, NAPA ,Raybestos, Wagner, etc.. The rest is just fluff IMO in a half ton pickup truck. It's your dime though, so take that into account.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I'm running the Powerstop z36 pads/rotors on my '14. A bit pricey, but very well performing, especially if you tow.

-K