Brake controller will not go to 10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mlop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
I been having to same issue as everyone else on trailer disconnect. It is an intimate problem while towing are Forst River Rouge Toy Hauler. I did clean all my pins an ohm out 7 way connector. Ended up buy a brake tester an found that my controller is not going to 10 gains but only 6 at idel but drive down the road and it go's to 10, until I hit 5mph the it go's to 6. Towing 1400 lbs with my 2019 2500 4x4 is not good when coming to a stop. But is this normal on the brake gains?

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Normal. The TBC module will not give full power at idle when you press the brake. Thats normal on these trucks nowadays with the built in brake controllers. Even my 2005 Superduty acted the same way.
Another contributing input besides speed, is brake pressure. The harder you press on the brake pedal at speed, the higher output the TBC will put out, but only to your set limit.