Brake Rotor/Pad Suggestions??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram-in-PA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need/want to replace my OE rotors and pads. Have 42k miles on the OE stuff and they are due to be replaced.

'15 Ram QC Sport (5.7L, 8sp, 4wd), its my daily driver, don't really haul anything and don't tow often (never more than an ATV or Riding Mower), also not track time.

There are so many options and I don;t really want to do a direct OE replacement.

Any suggestions to look at/for?

TIA

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We offer all the major brands. Our most popular package is the R1 Concepts Geomet Rotors and Posi-quiet pads. It is a great performing package for the money.

If you want to get crazy we do offer Big Brake Kits

22499096_1820413691306937_7655423186910068977_o.jpg

OP
OP
Ram-in-PA

Ram-in-PA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We offer all the major brands. Our most popular package is the R1 Concepts Geomet Rotors and Posi-quiet pads. It is a great performing package for the money.

View attachment 141818

That a pretty nice setup but more than I want/need.

I'm only keeping this truck another year or so until the new Jeep Wrangler Pickup finally gets released :) so no major upgrades like that. Just something to replace the OE stuff.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
@Ram-in-PA Please Tell me more about the Jeep truck.
Nick@gotexhaust what ya got for 8 lug brake pads

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If that is the case, just ge

I'm only keeping this truck another year or so until the new Jeep Wrangler Pickup finally gets released :) so no major upgrades like that. Just something to replace the OE stuff.

If your not keeping the truck, any of the cheap pads will last more than a year.

OP
OP
Ram-in-PA

Ram-in-PA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your not keeping the truck, any of the cheap pads will last more than a year.

I need front rotors also, and OE stuff is always overpriced. My OE rotors had to be cut after 5,000 miles as they warped, so not sure they could be cut again and after 40+k now they probably should just be replaced. Otherwise I would just throw on a new set of pads.

But I am still driving it for probably another year and really like being able to stop, so don't want low grade stuff from the local parts store.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

i got some less expensive options that will still get the job done and last longer than a year lol. Message me for pricing if interested

@Ram-in-PA Please Tell me more about the Jeep truck.
Nick@gotexhaust what ya got for 8 lug brake pads

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road

We got all of em lol. We got Hawk if you want high performance quality and we got the centric posi-quiets which is what we recommend for most applications as they perform very well and arent too expensive. We offer other brands like EBC and so on. Message me if you would like some pricing. Also if you plan to do the pads you might want to take a good look at your rotors. Make sure they dont need to be replaced too.

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
Any tricks to getting off rusted rotors? Front and rear 2012

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I need front rotors also, and OE stuff is always overpriced. My OE rotors had to be cut after 5,000 miles as they warped, so not sure they could be cut again and after 40+k now they probably should just be replaced. Otherwise I would just throw on a new set of pads.

But I am still driving it for probably another year and really like being able to stop, so don't want low grade stuff from the local parts store.

Check out power stop.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Get the power stop Z36 extreme kit. You wont be disappointed. Pretty cost effective also.

The pads are supposed to be tailored for trucks and towinga6debb785a5924d7d1d46eb2f4720361.jpg7361feefb428e7b4f2297c5e660533bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6

Only 1 year left on this truck. I would go to NAPA and get their Gold Box rotors and matching pads. If you go to a big box parts store or internet site. You run the risk of getting the $40 cheap Chinese soft steel rotors. You will have rotor run out in 90 days. Will be tough to sell.

OP
OP
Ram-in-PA

Ram-in-PA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Took the Ram in for State Inspection and had them check the brakes, and all was good still meat left, so no need to replace as yet.

I do have an odd squeal from the front driver side, sounds like the brake indicator (why I thought I need brakes), so now I need to track this down. Mechanic did (supposedly) a thorough inspection and did not find anything noticeably wrong, so I guess I'll have to do some driveway diagnostics to see what the noise is. Can't hear it with windows up, and seems to be noticeably more pronounced when turning left, pitch also changes when brakes applied. Hoping not a bearing hub or something more $$$.

Thanks for all the above input!

JoeMcK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

View attachment 141818
how much is this set up for a 2015 1500? the R1 Concepts Geomet Rotors and Posi-quiet pads

tantore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
nick why not post the price of requested brake kit so some of us interested on the brake kit will see it

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
nick why not post the price of requested brake kit so some of us interested on the brake kit will see it

Because due to MAP we are not allowed to post our sale prices as per manufacturer rules. Plus our sale pricing can go up and down thru the year. That is why we say contact me so I can offer you the best price at the moment. We typically offer 20% off and free shipping.