Brightest headlight/fog light bulbs without rewiring?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I've never been satisfied with the brightness of the headlights on my 2012 Ram.

I don't want to rewire anything and really am not interested in aftermarket/non-street legal add-ons.

Do the Sylvania bulbs really make them noticeably brighter? Or one of the various NAPA offerings?

dwamberfirert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I found them to be a lot brighter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
They are slightly brighter, but not bright enough for me to unreservedly recommend them. I've run them for several years now, they seem to last +/- a year. Also don't plan on a white light, they are still a more yellow hue temp than LED's

Darth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hated the stock halogen lights. Incredibly weak. I live in the city and when driving on city streets I couldn't even tell they were on. I purchased the LED lowbeam and fog lights from Vanquish Auto. They are plug and play lights. I am very satisfied with these lights, much brighter than stock halogens. Vanquish Auto is one of the vendors on the forum, excellent service from these guys. I emailed them with my truck info asking what I would need. They replied very quickly with what I would need and even gave me a coupon for 20% off.
maxresdefault.jpg

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put phillips extreme vision in my 2012 with the single headlights and it was one of the first things i did in the 2016 with dual headlights. Huge difference, 2.5 years later still good.

OP
OP
Docwagon1776

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I hated the stock halogen lights. Incredibly weak. I live in the city and when driving on city streets I couldn't even tell they were on. I purchased the LED lowbeam and fog lights from Vanquish Auto. They are plug and play lights. I am very satisfied with these lights, much brighter than stock halogens. Vanquish Auto is one of the vendors on the forum, excellent service from these guys.

They just plug in to the existing light socket like changing a bulb? How long have you had them?

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They just plug in to the existing light socket like changing a bulb? How long have you had them?

I have the same...lows and fogs from Vanquish. Lamps Plug into socket, wiring plugs into factory...a true plug n play!!

20180609_131841.jpg

Screenshot_20180723-080230_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20180723-080341_Photos.jpg

AJAY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I put phillips extreme vision in my 2012 with the single headlights and it was one of the first things i did in the 2016 with dual headlights. Huge difference, 2.5 years later still good.

I agree the Philips XitremeVision makes a huge difference. Don't brother with the Sylvania bulbs. I had tried them in the past and were not that much brighter and brunt out in less then a year. The Philips are what I have ran in all my 3 of Ram 1500. I have been very pleased with the results.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hated the stock halogen lights. Incredibly weak. I live in the city and when driving on city streets I couldn't even tell they were on. I purchased the LED lowbeam and fog lights from Vanquish Auto. They are plug and play lights. I am very satisfied with these lights, much brighter than stock halogens. Vanquish Auto is one of the vendors on the forum, excellent service from these guys. I emailed them with my truck info asking what I would need. They replied very quickly with what I would need and even gave me a coupon for 20% off.
maxresdefault.jpg

Well, I’m gonna take your word for it, I just ordered the 9005 HID low beam kit for my factory projectors and the 9006 LED kits for both my highs and my fogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree the Philips XitremeVision makes a huge difference. Don't brother with the Sylvania bulbs. I had tried them in the past and were not that much brighter and brunt out in less then a year. The Philips are what I have ran in all my 3 of Ram 1500. I have been very pleased with the results.
Yep, silverstars suck balls and die quick. Tried them in 2 mustangs and a silverado, never again.
Even have the phillips in my cruze qork car, they are crystal vision,slightly blue, much better output.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was always happy with the silverstar ultras. Good light output, bright, just didn’t last long for as pricy as they were. That was the only drawback. I’ve got those silverstar zxe’s in there now, and they’re not too bad. They cost more than the ultras, though. They’re a whiter light, but they’re like in between the regular silverstars and the silverstar ultras for brightness. Lows and fogs are nice, especially with those projectors but the highbeams kinda suck. That could just be the design of the headlights tho. I’ve heard a lot of talk on here about people who’s changed their highbeams to a totally different bulb that had more wattage.

I can’t wait to try out those vanquish auto LED’s and HID’s I ordered.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No warning lights or nothin? The rep I was talking to assured me there wouldn’t be.

Nope, nah, zip, zilch, nada issues! No anti flicker modules needed, just plugged lamps in and yaa yippee yahoo I can see!!

OP
OP
Docwagon1776

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Thanks to everyone who contributed. I think I'll try the Phillips bulbs and if that's not enough try those fancy ones.

Darth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I’m gonna take your word for it, I just ordered the 9005 HID low beam kit for my factory projectors and the 9006 LED kits for both my highs and my fogs

You will notice a difference. These are plug and play units. Here is a video from youtube on how to change out the light bulbs for the new LED's. A note of caution, the front grill clips break fairly easily (I broke one taking my grill off). Don't force it off, be gentle and should be good to go. If you do end up breaking them you can get new ones from clipsandfasteners.com for around $10 (15 pack).

Darth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are plug and play. I've had them for two months now, excellent experience so far with no problems. There are other members here who have had the same Vanquish lights installed much longer than mine. I don't remember anyone posting any problems.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You will notice a difference. These are plug and play units. Here is a video from youtube on how to change out the light bulbs for the new LED's. A note of caution, the front grill clips break fairly easily (I broke one taking my grill off). Don't force it off, be gentle and should be good to go. If you do end up breaking them you can get new ones from clipsandfasteners.com for around $10 (15 pack).

That looks easy enough. Mine are projectors tho. I didn’t even know ya had to take the grille off to take the headlights out. When I yanked them cheesy stock bulbs out for some better ones, I just used a socket and a long extension to reach the bolt, then used a magnetic retrieval tool to get the bolt out, and to start it back in the hole when I was done. Lol.

I sure can’t wait to try them tho. Do you get highbeamed with yours?

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just to educate yourself,chk out youtube and look up headlight revolution...They do comparisions and show beam patterns with a few different headlight houseings and bulbs...