Broken manifold bolt. Which warranty is it covered by?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It was broken manifold bolts on cylinder 7 and 8 and I was in and out of the dealership in 2 hours with everything covered under warranty.

Thank you Kori at Ramcares for being on top of this issue from start to finish! It was very appreciated!

So was it covered under the emissions warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So was it covered under the emissions warranty?

100k power train. Apparently I had 100k or until 12/2018 extended warranty because it was a certified pre owned. I don't recall being explained that when I bought the truck.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Does the EPA warranty automatically come with the trucks like the factory warranty?

It comes with every vehicle in the U.S. It's an EPA federal requirement that manufacturers maintain emissions systems for a period of 8 years or 80k miles.

I sure would like to verify this. I can understand emissions warranty covering it technically, but I bet Ram tell ya to go fly a kite.

And a quick phone call to the EPA would have Ram and that dealer fined. Though, to note, they are under no obligation to inform their customers that such a warranty exists. 9 times out of 10 people don't know any better and wind up paying for repairs that otherwise would be covered by the manufacturer.

My 05 Titan had cracked manifolds in 2011. Well past the factory warranty, but still within the EPA warranty. Nissan replaced the manifolds at no cost to me. A leak in the pre-catalyst exhaust is a leak in the pre-catalyst exhaust. The reason matters not.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cableguy_hd

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
And now I have one on the other side. Why not replace all when you replace 1. Luckily I don't drive it all the time and can afford to have it down a day or so but damn.

miguelherrera4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My truck was out of warranty it has 90k miles Ram cares told me they couldn't do anything so I took it to a shop and it's gonna be 190 to fix passenger side bolts . Hoping the other side doesn't go out soon after lol

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I just did the entire passenger-side on the wifes Dodge.. Cost me $30 including the tool to put the plastic revits in on the fender. Took me less than an hour.

It's not that hard, I replaced all the bolts and gasket as well.

Attachments

• bolt.jpg
    bolt.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 21
  • bolt2.jpg
    bolt2.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 21

miguelherrera4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I just did the entire passenger-side on the wifes Dodge.. Cost me $30 including the tool to put the plastic revits in on the fender. Took me less than an hour.

I guess it depends how deep your bolts snap . Yours does look fairly easy if they snapped that high up. Mine are deeper and need to be extracted

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

You machine the manifold flat again? Or was it not warped?

mh3c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had my passenger side replaced a couple of years ago. Now my driver's side needs replaced. Im hoping I don't have to pay out of pocket for a known (but denied) defect. Hopefully Ram does the right thing.