Bumper hitch bolt size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I have a class 3 hitch on my 2018 ram 1500. The conical bolt going through the bumper into the hitch is messed up where you put the hex bit in.
Where can I get a replacement bolt? I've been looking all over, but can't find it. So I guess the alternative is to use a regular bolt and a conical washer.
Does anyone know what size it is?

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Would help a lot if you posted a picture of exactly which bolt you want.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
no, you do not just use a bolt.
Just like there are diferent trucks rated to haul vastly different weights, so too are there different bolts, rated for vastly different weights.

If yo do not know what to do or where to buy what you need, then find the nearest hitch store. SHould nto be one very far away. Almost every reasonably sized town has one.

OP
OP
D

DenMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
no, you do not just use a bolt.
Just like there are diferent trucks rated to haul vastly different weights, so too are there different bolts, rated for vastly different weights.

If yo do not know what to do or where to buy what you need, then find the nearest hitch store. SHould nto be one very far away. Almost every reasonably sized town has one.
When I was saying "regular bolt", I was referring to the head, not the rating. But I do have a hitch store not too far away BTW, I'm going to see if they can help.
Thanks