Bunch of throttle / intake related codes after oil cooler replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crockett

Reaction score
Ram Year
None yet
Engine
None yet
This is about my 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan, not my RAM truck. The Caravan has the same Pentastar V6 as the trucks, so you guys should be able to help. I'm having a hard time finding a solution and those other Dodge forums don't seem to have a lot of knowledgeable members.

--

My Caravan overheated a week ago due to a new to me coolant leak. Did a pressure test and saw it pooling in the valley. Ordered the new Dorman oil cooler housing made of aluminum and not plastic, and installed it today.

While I was at it, I also installed both new sensors that sit in the oil cooler (oil pressure switch and temp). I also replaced the lower 02 sensors.

After I put the intake back on I ran the engine without coolant for 30 sec and it ran fine at idle. Hooked up my reader and now I'm facing the following codes:

P0123 - Throttle Pedal Position Sensor / Switch A circuit high
P0222 - Throttle Pedal Position Sensor / Switch B circuit low
P0108 - Manifold absolute pressure / barometric pressure sensor circuit high
P0113 - Intake air temp sensor 1 circuit high bank 1

My assumptions so far: all this must have one common issue. Common ground issue, corroded plug, damaged harness, throttle body defect all of the sudden, faulty new oil pressure switch causing a daisy chain issue, PCM partly fried.

What I tried so far without any solution:

- Deleted all codes and read again.
- I reset the computer by unhooking the battery for 15 min,
- Pulled all plugs from throttle body and intake, sprayed with DeoxIT Contact Cleaner, reconnected.
- Cleaned ground flat cable connected on left side of engine.
- Wiggled all cables, checked for damaged cables.

How do I test the throttle body plug for ground issues? Do you guys have any suggestions?

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
This is about my 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan, not my RAM truck. The Caravan has the same Pentastar V6 as the trucks, so you guys should be able to help. I'm having a hard time finding a solution and those other Dodge forums don't seem to have a lot of knowledgeable members.

--

My Caravan overheated a week ago due to a new to me coolant leak. Did a pressure test and saw it pooling in the valley. Ordered the new Dorman oil cooler housing made of aluminum and not plastic, and installed it today.

While I was at it, I also installed both new sensors that sit in the oil cooler (oil pressure switch and temp). I also replaced the lower 02 sensors.

After I put the intake back on I ran the engine without coolant for 30 sec and it ran fine at idle. Hooked up my reader and now I'm facing the following codes:

P0123 - Throttle Pedal Position Sensor / Switch A circuit high
P0222 - Throttle Pedal Position Sensor / Switch B circuit low
P0108 - Manifold absolute pressure / barometric pressure sensor circuit high
P0113 - Intake air temp sensor 1 circuit high bank 1

My assumptions so far: all this must have one common issue. Common ground issue, corroded plug, damaged harness, throttle body defect all of the sudden, faulty new oil pressure switch causing a daisy chain issue, PCM partly fried.

What I tried so far without any solution:

- Deleted all codes and read again.
- I reset the computer by unhooking the battery for 15 min,
- Pulled all plugs from throttle body and intake, sprayed with DeoxIT Contact Cleaner, reconnected.
- Cleaned ground flat cable connected on left side of engine.
- Wiggled all cables, checked for damaged cables.

How do I test the throttle body plug for ground issues? Do you guys have any suggestions?
It mentions the intake temp sensor. On the trucks it's super flimsy (looking). Maybe check it for a short? If not there, follow it to see if anything obvious stands out.

OP
OP
crockett

crockett

Reaction score
Ram Year
None yet
Engine
None yet
It mentions the intake temp sensor. On the trucks it's super flimsy (looking). Maybe check it for a short? If not there, follow it to see if anything obvious stands out.

Good starting point, that thing is easy to measure without schematics, unlike the big plug with 16 pins going to the throttle body. Thanks!

--

Do we have mechanics on the forum with access to proper shop manuals?

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
Maybe not a direct answer, but I've not had any luck disconnecting a battery to clear computer codes. When I was trying to diagnose a suspected wheel bearing noise by jacking the rear up and running it in gear I got abs, and traction control fail codes. Unhooked the battery overnight and it still didn't help clear it. Driving it down the street did though. Maybe you could take it around the block and see if anything clears? Have you burped the cooling system? Don't know about your van, but the truck has a small valve on the upper thermostat housing that lets you expel any trapped air.