Buyer's Remorse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone have "Buyer's Remorse" on the truck you ordered / bought or the model or options you chose?

I ordered a Big Horn optioned exactly how I like and I'm starting to think I should have went with a Rebel. A Rebel would suit my taste in truck and wheel height. A rebel optioned the same way as the Big Horn I optioned is just 2-3k more MSRP.

My dealer told me that my ordering was 100% no commitment, it's just how the deal progressed. I said, if you are ok with that, I am ok with that. I do have to admit though, their pricing was pretty aggressive on the Big Horn and I don't know that dealers in general would be that aggressive with a Rebel?

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Should still be able to pull 10k off. Get what you want - if you double thinking it now - you will more when you get the truck. I went all in so I will not have any what ifs in my mind later.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I told the dealer I wanted the sport hood but they could not figure out how to get it. I should have told them to add the sport package. I also did not order the 12 inch screen even though I have a level 2 pkg.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone have "Buyer's Remorse" on the truck you ordered / bought or the model or options you chose?

I ordered a Big Horn optioned exactly how I like and I'm starting to think I should have went with a Rebel. A Rebel would suit my taste in truck and wheel height. A rebel optioned the same way as the Big Horn I optioned is just 2-3k more MSRP.

My dealer told me that my ordering was 100% no commitment, it's just how the deal progressed. I said, if you are ok with that, I am ok with that. I do have to admit though, their pricing was pretty aggressive on the Big Horn and I don't know that dealers in general would be that aggressive with a Rebel?

Just go back to dealer and order a different truck, or at least run some numbers....don't settle for less than you would like if you can afford not too

AnthonyD1978

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
I probably would have went with a Rebel if the dealer had one on the lot with the all black interior and optioned like my Laramie is. Even if they did it's hard for me to justify the price of a Rebel when I knew I was going be changing out the wheel/suspension on it anyway. Though the skid plates (easily added later) and locker would be a nice to have; with my last 4x4 I didn't need them on the trails I was doing.

Either is more than enough truck for me, but like JB1 said. If you're having second thoughts then you should probably step up to the Rebel as long as it doesn't give you financial remorse :)

Bulldog4xFour

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
I traded in my 2015 rebel, for a 2018 sport. I miss my rebel a lot, and get the feeling that I should have just stayed with the Rebel. To be fair I have only had my sport 7 months now, and only been home to drive it for two of them. I'm also realizing that having the the 44 t-case, vs the 45 could be a problem for my future plans with the Sport.

OP
OP
T

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you for the input guys. I feel like an idiot and a douche but I called the dealer and told them to stop it if they could. My sales associate said he would call me back and did and said it was no problem and said come see me when you make up your mind.

At any rate, it was the right thing to do as I am indecisive. If I kick myself in the butt a few weeks down the road, I'll re-order....once again, IMO, the right thing to do.

Money wise and options, the two vehicles are $3600 apart and that does not affect me financially.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for the input guys. I feel like an idiot and a douche but I called the dealer and told them to stop it if they could. My sales associate said he would call me back and did and said it was no problem and said come see me when you make up your mind.

At any rate, it was the right thing to do as I am indecisive. If I kick myself in the butt a few weeks down the road, I'll re-order....once again, IMO, the right thing to do.

Money wise and options, the two vehicles are $3600 apart and that does not affect me financially.

IMHO this was the right move. Like you said, worst case is you go back a few weeks from now and order the same thing. And in that worst case all you do is lose a few weeks of time before your new truck arrives.

Or you end up with a Rebel instead, so I can be even MORE jealous

jrmitt808

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did, ordered a Rebel and then saw a Laramine Sport with offroad package online. Went to the dealer to see if I can see the difference of the two. Luckily they had both models there. After thought, I am happy I chose my Rebel and can't wait till it gets here. The sport is nice, but as my wife says...a little to fancy for me.

The manager did say that in order for me to keep my deposit, i could pick something on the lot.

believemeustink

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I hear you, I want the Rebel as well because a few of the options like standard off-road package with the skid plates and shocks. The 33inch All-Terrain tires and I really like the standard Rebel wheels. Default LED head/tail lights, black emblem badges, and the overall look i.e. Ram grille, wheel liners, and powered coated bumpers. Also, the blind-spot system being integrated into the Level 2 Rebel package.

Granted, a few of these can be had in the BigHorn trim I built but the Rebel looks so good aesthetic wise.

Don't get me wrong I really like the black package yet I really hate that we only have one option as far as exterior paint job.

In contrast, I really like the interior of the black package BigHorn compared to the Rebel's anodized red interior and accents.

In all, since I'm leasing its really hard for me to justify paying much more for a Rebel when most of the same features can be had in a BigHorn. It's just the Rebel really dresses the features together so well....shame

OP
OP
T

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Grrrr....LOL. So I’ve been “learning”. I spoke with a couple of dealers today and visited one. I mentioned earlier in this thread that a Rebel configured the way I like vs. a Big Horn configured the way I like that there is a $3600 difference. While $3600 is acceptable to me, I’ve learned that it is actually a $8100 difference.

Right now, there is a $4500 incentive on the Big Horn. I did not realize that this incentive was exclusive to Big Horn. This clearly explains to me why dealers cannot seem to meet my expected number on the Rebel and why their sales price seems out of whack when I can easily get the number I want on a Big Horn.

I don’t regret cancelling the order on the Big Horn. After looking at many Rebels this evening, the next truck has to be the Rebel for me. I am just going to have to be patient and hope that incentives cross model lines to get me to a price I like as I can’t see paying an additional $4500 just because it is not a Big Horn.

cuminslvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
I agree. I have been driving things I didnt want for the last 8 years. Finally got what I wanted and am happy!:dogpile:

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Get what you want to be happy in the long run. Just be patient to get the deal. I shopped for two months before I pulled the trigger and got a much better deal-end of the month and dealer wanted to move some units.

OP
OP
T

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got issues .... but I do have a truck. ;)

I did some research last night, trying to find some historical incentive pricing on Rebels. Historically, the most I’ve seen was $4k, which is great but there is no rhyme or reason as to when. There were some finance deals but once again, no rhyme or reason but then I ran across a post where someone said “with the 4x4 package, you get many of the Rebel mechanical features”.

A light bulb went off, find a Ram with the 4x4 package and of course the other options I wanted and wouldn’t you know, there was a Black Sport Appearance Package with the 4x4 Off Road Package within an hour from my house.

Black was actually my first color choice but when I built my Big Horn, last second I said to myself, get the dark red, it would be easier to clean but damn that black on black is awesome. Lol

Anyways, It had every option I wanted, Level 2 Equipment, Side Steps, 3.92s, 9 speaker with sub, 4C Nav radio and a few other options that I am already learning to like, like the blind spot, rear compartment storage, rubber floor mats, etc.

I called them and told the sales associate that a dealer offered me “X” on my trade. If you guys match their number and take $11k off MSRP, I’ll buy it. He said I’ll call you back. 5 minutes later he did and said come on in. I drove to the dealership and we started the info exchange while they whisked the truck away to be cleaned. A short while later, it is now in my driveway.

I am absolutely astatic about this truck. I know I was being wishy washy on what I built and what I actually wanted but when I seen this one, it was the one!

Sorry to bore you with my mental madness, here is said truck.

6C0779E2-C05C-4E48-9A34-355CAAF2CE58.jpeg

492E7E86-91EC-4032-B607-CBBFB28E3E5C.jpeg

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
I love a happy ending. Congrats on the new rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Whoa! That black on black is awesome! Congratulations.

(goes to look up what the Big Horn 4X4 package consists of...you know...for next time)