CAI for '19

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buttyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Save your money….. A CAI on the PW will do nothing for performance. All you might get is a better sounding engine on acceleration. Your MPG’s will stay the same. You will not get any noticeable extra HP nor torque. Only way you will get something out of the CAI is if you add exhaust and a programmer.

I just installed the raised AEV intake on my 2018 PW and I took it out for drive. I noticed EXACTLY what you described--a better exhaust note. Sounds pretty darn good. Why is that? Didn't notice any perceptible performance gain--however, I felt like I looked cooler!

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just installed the raised AEV intake on my 2018 PW and I took it out for drive. I noticed EXACTLY what you described--a better exhaust note. Sounds pretty darn good. Why is that? Didn't notice any perceptible performance gain--however, I felt like I looked cooler!
Whe. I had my 16 I noticed a better throttle response. To me it was worth it. To some. It wasnt. You will never see the full potential until you start doing real mods like tune and headers. Which I plan in the future

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Intake delivered and installed. Initial thoughts: everything looks good. The new silicone lids they make now are an absolute bear to install. Took me a good 15 mins and I ended up pressingnrhe center of the lid and it finally snapped in. I'll give more feedback once I drive it. They recommend leaving the battery off for 2 hours.20200319_163821.jpg

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also a side note. The stock air damn sits right behind your active shutters and collects air. My question and concern is, during the engine warm up while the shutters are closed, the 6.4 has to be starving for air...

jester139

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Intake delivered and installed. Initial thoughts: everything looks good. The new silicone lids they make now are an absolute bear to install. Took me a good 15 mins and I ended up pressingnrhe center of the lid and it finally snapped in. I'll give more feedback once I drive it. They recommend leaving the battery off for 2 hours.View attachment 198941

Thanks for the info, Interested to see updates and your experience with this. I just picked up my PW and surprised to see the lack of aftermarket for it. I contacted Corsa and they aren't doing cat back for these(like the drone free I had on my 5.7). ARH is doing long tube headers though. I also reached out to Matt @Moes to see what's available/recommended for the new PW.

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the info, Interested to see updates and your experience with this. I just picked up my PW and surprised to see the lack of aftermarket for it. I contacted Corsa and they aren't doing cat back for these(like the drone free I had on my 5.7). ARH is doing long tube headers though. I also reached out to Matt @Moes to see what's available/recommended for the new PW.
Aftermarket sucks for the 6.4. Especially the 19s. The next on the chopping block is going to be headers and maybe chipped if they come out with one. After that, redo my exhaust. I'll be done after that, I swear.

jester139

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It hurt watching all my upgrades for my 5.7 go away, but anxious to get this one going as they become available. Let me know what else you find and I'll do the same. Thx!

Scndthief

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have the S&B on my 19 and it sounds really good at about 3000rpm plus. After a couple of days driving it I think it has better throttle response and acceleration but that is probably just me.

0583952F-0F7A-44BE-AE67-340F378E80D2.jpeg

39EEE3B5-F8A2-4225-82D9-3052CF89300A.jpeg

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the S&B on my 19 and it sounds really good at about 3000rpm plus. After a couple of days driving it I think it has better throttle response and acceleration but that is probably just me.

View attachment 199123

View attachment 199124
I haven't had much time to test her out. Did you find the lid to be a complete pain in the keister?

Scndthief

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I haven't had much time to test her out. Did you find the lid to be a complete pain in the keister?

the lid is horrendous, I fought mine as well. Used a bit of grease that seemed to help. The worst part though is the battery disconnect. I have the 12” Uconnect and when I reconnected the battery it lost its mind. No cameras, no A/C. Has to let sit overnight with battery connected for everything to come back.

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the lid is horrendous, I fought mine as well. Used a bit of grease that seemed to help. The worst part though is the battery disconnect. I have the 12” Uconnect and when I reconnected the battery it lost its mind. No cameras, no A/C. Has to let sit overnight with battery connected for everything to come back.
This is the 2nd drive around the block with this new intake. I get this weird surging going on. Also when I let off the gas it feels like the whole truck just falls on its face.

Scndthief

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
This is the 2nd drive around the block with this new intake. I get this weird surging going on. Also when I let off the gas it feels like the whole truck just falls on its face.

I have put a couple hundred miles on mine and I have not had either of these issues. If you don’t ‘clock’ the intake runner into just the right position it doesn’t seem like it fully engages the throttle body, not sure if it would cause your issues though.

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have put a couple hundred miles on mine and I have not had either of these issues. If you don’t ‘clock’ the intake runner into just the right position it doesn’t seem like it fully engages the throttle body, not sure if it would cause your issues though.
I do remember getting the intake runner over the throttle body wasnt an easy as "push from the inside" as their install video mentioned. It's possible I didnt leave the battery disconnected long enough

ttusomeone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Installed mine tonight. Relatively easy install except I broke one of the tabs on the charge air temp sensor. Didn't seem to be an issue on the test drive, but ordered a new one just in case. Had some issues with Uconnect when I reconnected the battery, but what I've seen that should correct itself in a few hours. I'll know in the morning...

jester139

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks again. Please keep us updated as I'd like to know if it is worth it/engineered well.

ttusomeone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks again. Please keep us updated as I'd like to know if it is worth it/engineered well.

The install was easy and everything seemed well made and spec'd well. The clear plastic lid was a little difficult to install, but that was about it. I'll post after I drive it some, but my city is on lock down and I'm work from home for the foreseeable future so I don't have much reason to drive for the time being so it may be the weekend.

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Having watched the video, they made everything so simple... u till you realize that they cut the film on actually accomplishing the tasks *****.

jester139

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Still no CAI order yet, but I did order my Timber Grove Airbags this morning from Steve the owner. They were a life saver on my last truck.

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Still no CAI order yet, but I did order my Timber Grove Airbags this morning from Steve the owner. They were a life saver on my last truck.
Maybe with the trumpbux you can buy one!