Can’t access bcm and ran into this at the end police to civilian

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oooelias

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EFE58179-47FC-4AFA-8AE9-A6EF934FD44D.jpeg
Does anyone know what this means, police to civilian ? I’m currently trying to activate key fob using alfaobd and when I went to read my pin I see this at the end,? Currently using Alfa obd 2018 and I have a bypass from z automotive

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I found this on a "Charger" forum (2014):

Just wanted to share my experience with a 2014 dodge charger police. I wanted to enable the key fob lock,unlock,and trunk buttons and found an option on the alpa obd app in the rf module stating (police convert to civilian) or with the chrysler scan tool it's called something like disable fleet fobs. Once you get the 4 digit pin for your key you can disable the fleet key option. Warning once you do that your fob will no longer work and a factory part number fob via vin will not work. You have to get a fob thats not a fleet frequency. I simply looked up the options for fobs on my year online and it programed like a charm with my alpa obd app. This also gave me the full use of the power locks via fob. Plus I also enabled SRT options in the body control module pretty sweet. Hope this helps someone out because a tow to the dealer only to get towed back due to no knowledge of this option and trial and error of the fobs cost me $500. Free info to you good luck

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Unless this vehicle is a used police vehicle then that option isn't needed and could make unknown changes. AlfaOBD offers options that may or may not be on the vehicle your plugged into, if your not sure of what the option will do be prepared to deal with options you might not think would be effected to stop working. There have been a few people on this forum that had to have the dealership flash the truck back to stock.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Is there a 'change from Civilian Vehicle to Starship Enterprise' mode?

If so, I;m gonna be Alpha whatever;ing

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
....so, good eye for spotting that feature. But don't do it. Unless yours had "police vehicle" programming in it previously.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93