Cannot program new or original key fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05ram4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 Ram 2500 4x4 Quad cab
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I lost a key fob, but still have an original. I bought one online but I am unable to program it.

I do not think it is the remote that is the problem. I think it's my truck.

Everything I'veread says to hold the unlock button and press the panic button which makes the truck chime.

It does that.

Next I am supposed to press any button on my original remote to reprogram it. At this point nothing happens.

What should I do? The truck seems to not be letting anything program.

It is a 2002 ram 2500.

Guy lIPSKY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI etorque
I lost a key fob, but still have an original. I bought one online but I am unable to program it.

I do not think it is the remote that is the problem. I think it's my truck.

Everything I'veread says to hold the unlock button and press the panic button which makes the truck chime.

It does that.

Next I am supposed to press any button on my original remote to reprogram it. At this point nothing happens.
This is what i was told Enter your truck turn ignition to the run position. wait for the chimes to automatically stop. then press and hold the unlock button on your original fob, hold the unlock button for 10 second then press and release the panic button release the unlock wait for the chime then press any button on any other remote , turn off ignition

What should I do? The truck seems to not be letting anything program.

It is a 2002 ram 2500.