Canopy top

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruppert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I’m new here but not to Ram’s. I just got a 2020 Laramie 6.4 bed and I’m looking for a cab height canopy. I’ve looked at Leer and snutop but wondered what other companies make them for the new style truck? Also for those of you that got one what options can you live without or wish you had?
TIA Rup

Gondul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've got the mid-height cap from ARE (which I prefer over LEER for overall quality of parts).

Fold down front window at least... anything else you can pretty much add yourself with better parts at a cheaper price point.
Also, if you plan on buying new, there is quite the wait time...

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
There are quite a few quality threads on Canopies and what to look for, know about. Would be well worth reading through them.

Canopy/Truck Cap

I have a 1500, Crew Cab l,5’7” bed was hoping to see photos of what you all have on your trucks. I think I like the Leer 100XL

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
There are 17 more pages of threads if you search just the word Canopy

OP
OP
Ruppert

Ruppert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Yea, I did that and most are discussions on either or canopy or reg covers.. so few talked about options they prefer and that’s mostly what I’m looking for. And are there other mfq’s besides leer, snugtop and aer? I think that only 2019-up has the new gen 5 too which complicates searching.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Well. I did a lot of looking to find a canopy for my 2500 long bed 2021 Crew Cab Laramie. Ended up with a Range Rider Vista, made in B.C. I have one of the same model canopy for 26 years and it stood up great. They and ARE were the only two that made a canopy to fit with the high rise option. ARE was 18 weeks to deliver, Range Rider was 4. I like the high rise as it is easier to move around in and I can back my quad into the canopy for security and to keep the snow and mud of it. There are LOTs of canopy makers, the issue is, do they make one for your truck in the configuration you want.

Must have accessories, lights and twin rear door handles. The single rear handles are handy but if you use your truck off road a lot they can bind and be a real beggar to open. Work doors on both side makes getting at stuff much easier without having to crawl in from the back. Twin clamps on the back part of the canopy help hold it in place under torque stress of off roading.

You can see the double work doors, the two handle rear latching system as well as the double clamp system holding the Cap to the bed.

re6w2dNh.jpg

Last edited: