Can't get 12 o'clock on cam phaser?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paul lynch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm in need of help. I'm putting my 14 dodge ram 5.7 back together after installing a Jay green cam and i can't get the phaser to line up straight. My timing marks are all lined up. I've got my crank at 6 o'clock but my 6 and 12 o'clock will not line up straight. I can hold my phaser and cam in the air with the chian wrapped around them and it just don't line up in a straight line. When I install the phaser its got my cam a few degrees past 12 o'clock. What is going on?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm in need of help. I'm putting my 14 dodge ram 5.7 back together after installing a Jay green cam and i can't get the phaser to line up straight. My timing marks are all lined up. I've got my crank at 6 o'clock but my 6 and 12 o'clock will not line up straight. I can hold my phaser and cam in the air with the chian wrapped around them and it just don't line up in a straight line. When I install the phaser its got my cam a few degrees past 12 o'clock. What is going on?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Do you have the timing marks in their correct location?

The two timing marks on the chain go to the 12 o'clock position on the cam phaser and the single timing mark goes to the 6 o'clock position.

Cam Phaser...

upload_2021-4-12_7-8-11.png

Crank Gear...

upload_2021-4-12_7-9-4.png

OP
OP
P

Paul lynch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sorry for the late reply. Been super busy. Haven't had a chance to get back out to the truck. I do believe my chain might be stretched. Something is definitely giving me a problem with setting the timing. I'll check back in.