Car stereo shop installed new radio- now no HVAC fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keyman6868

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New to me 2014 Ram 1500. Radio did not work and dealer gave me a good deal on truck. The money I saved I had stereo shop who is well known in my area install an Alpine 7 inch monitor. I have the single climate unit. Before install blower fan worked. Everything on truck worked but radio. After install no fan. Checked fuses (2 of them-good)- checked relay (1 of them) and good. On the relay With power on and blower speed on key on- you should get voltage on both pins and I do not on the pin that actuates the relay. 87 is ground and is fine 30 is power and is fine. 85 has no power and from everything I see it should. Yes I did take it back to them and they went through and checked everything. ac works and heat works just no blower fan. they also left the positive loose on the battery. I tightened it but still no blower fan. Any help would be great and thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-21 053630.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-21 053630.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 11

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Take bezel off and check all the plugs. Im willing to bet they forgot one.

You could also check if the blower is getting 12v at the source.

OP
OP
keyman6868

keyman6868

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Guess it is time to pull it apart and find out why! I will post results!

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
New to me 2014 Ram 1500. Radio did not work and dealer gave me a good deal on truck. The money I saved I had stereo shop who is well known in my area install an Alpine 7 inch monitor. I have the single climate unit. Before install blower fan worked. Everything on truck worked but radio. After install no fan. Checked fuses (2 of them-good)- checked relay (1 of them) and good. On the relay With power on and blower speed on key on- you should get voltage on both pins and I do not on the pin that actuates the relay. 87 is ground and is fine 30 is power and is fine. 85 has no power and from everything I see it should. Yes I did take it back to them and they went through and checked everything. ac works and heat works just no blower fan. they also left the positive loose on the battery. I tightened it but still no blower fan. Any help would be great and thank you!
Take it back to the radio shop and make them fix it.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Well, that is about par for the course. Once you figure out what caused it, if it was them take pictures and video of the fix, then I would go back and insist they refund you 100% of the radio install cost. Best of luck.

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Between cheaterships and slime ball shops, always do it yourself.

Sadly between people who don’t want to work and people who are working and untrained, I’m hearing this more and more. Good lock OP. Curious to the fix when you find it.

Ratman6161

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Between cheaterships and slime ball shops, always do it yourself.

Sadly between people who don’t want to work and people who are working and untrained, I’m hearing this more and more. Good lock OP. Curious to the fix when you find it.
Ummmm...you wouldn't want to ride in a vehical I had worked on :( . Seriously, if I take things to shops in the first place when I don't have the skills, tools, time or combinations of those things.

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Ummmm...you wouldn't want to ride in a vehical I had worked on :( . Seriously, if I take things to shops in the first place when I don't have the skills, tools, time or combinations of those things.
Haha, fair point and thanks for having me spit coffee out; when I read this it was for real LOL :D

I get it - I had a buddy of mine always say, do what you do. Many folks don’t have time, patience, or tools. It’s just sad that you can’t really count on the shops that so many people depend on to get stuff done.

I wrecked my Femur in a moto crash last year so what I can do today is hardly what I could do A year ago. So….what does that mean? It means I need to count on folks to do the work I would normally do. I can’t yet get off the floor of the garage easily…bummer. Someday I hope to be back at it.

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Sad thing is I have the skills. I have been suffering with a sciatic nerve problem for about 4 weeks and just did not feel like doing it.
Sorry brother - I know the feeling in my post right below your last one. I too have mobility challenges.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After tracing a lot of wires it turns out my ground to 86 on relay was bad. I wonder if it was caused by them not tighting the battery cable? Least path of resistance? All back up and running now!
Outstanding, You were able to troubleshoot and solve the problem. Hmmm, a shop that does not even tighten a battery cable, I would bypass that Bizness in the future.
AS far as Sciatica, oh yeah, I got Sciatica problems back and both legs, all the way down to the "Big" toe, and dat chit no joke. I am on meds for it, but it really only dulls it. I find when I go outside and work on stuff and get inventive, I pay for it for like a week, hee hee.

Last edited:

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have and they said "they didnt do it"
Every time I'd say that to my mother she'd beat me anyways.

But seriously, in the process of installing the component they should've tested everything in that area to make sure everything worked.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 3 June 2018. Now at 82583 miles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam