Cause for concern

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Today I took my first decent length road trip with my truck, round trip of 700 km (440miles) and i was driving 120 km/h (75mph) on cruise control. Just sitting there listening to music and what not, regular driving stuff of course haha.

when all of a sudden, revs pop up to 6000 rpm, so i hit the brakes, wtf???

The truck randomly decided to shift into FIRST gear. I didnt touch anything nor do anything differently. I just pressed my select shifter back up to 6th gear as fast as i could and keep going. I didnt touch anything, let alone the select shifter.

Not only is this reallllly bad for the tranny im assuming... but dangerous as ever. I was on the way to the mountains, who knows what could of happened if i was on an icy hill by a cliff...

Now it freaks me out every time i hear the truck downshift to go up a hill or anything like that. What could this be? anyone have this happen before? :emotions122:

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thankfully i had a fresh pair sitting behind me. I dont think i've ever reacted quite so fast to something haha.