CB radio install ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hexxus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking for ideas on where to mount my CB radio.

I have the 2008 quad cab.

I was looking at putting it in the center console or that storage area under the middle seat but I wanna be sure because once I start installing the radio, I will probably be drilling and cutting.

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IF it goes in there make sure you have a fan on a switch to keep air flowing..

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Anyone know where a good cab shop is in north Texas or southern Oklahoma? I have a cobra 19 classic that belonged to my late Dad that needs a peek n tune. I’d really like to put it my truck as the build date is exactly my late Mom’s birthday.
Not trying to hi jack your thread.

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road

OP
OP
H

Hexxus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am using Grumpy's Place.
https://goo.gl/maps/1zLRDbq8xJz

might be outside your travel specifications but id say the guy knows his radios. I have only been through his door 3 times and was happy with his work every time.

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I am using Grumpy's Place.
https://goo.gl/maps/1zLRDbq8xJz

might be outside your travel specifications but id say the guy knows his radios. I have only been through his door 3 times and was happy with his work every time.

I think it’s a road trip. This radio is a sentimental piece to me and miss talking.
Break 19... Freebird signing on...

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I’m also thinking of where to mount the antenna... I don’t want to drill any holes in the truck but want the best talk/receive possible. I also have a 350 watt box that I want to keep hidden and use a remote on/off power switch.
I’m a retired Left Lane Chain Gang member. Know what I mean...

Wilnel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used Ram CB Mount from Geno's Garage. Love it. Keeps the storage usable, the CB viewable.
I have an 08qc too, I wanted to mount my 2m and cb in mine , looks pretty good but 49bucks for a piece bent metal heck it doesnt even have any mounting holes. I'll probably just remove that piece of plastic between the cup holder and dash

Wilnel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m also thinking of where to mount the antenna... I don’t want to drill any holes in the truck but want the best talk/receive possible. I also have a 350 watt box that I want to keep hidden and use a remote on/off power switch.
I’m a retired Left Lane Chain Gang member. Know what I mean...

probably just find a bumper mount antenna. That's what I'll do for my CB and Ill use a fender mount/underhood for the 2m/70cm

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
probably just find a bumper mount antenna. That's what I'll do for my CB and Ill use a fender mount/underhood for the 2m/70cm

Just really don’t wanna drill any holes. I may just mount a shorty on my toolbox

OP
OP
H

Hexxus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was hoping to do something like this.
I have seen double din bezels that are custom and there is even a navigation bezel for the truck but I don't have the money to fool around like this.

unknown.png

Wilnel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was hoping to do something like this.
I have seen double din bezels that are custom and there is even a navigation bezel for the truck but I don't have the money to fool around like this.

unknown.png
lol, I like that Idea, but I am going to do this
2hzsep5.jpg