CB Setups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big-Blue15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey ya'll!! I'm fixin to install a CB in to my truck. I'm looking to see some of your setups. Please include descriptions. TIA

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Anyone know where a good cab shop is in north Texas or southern Oklahoma? I have a cobra 19 classic that belonged to my late Dad that needs a peek n tune. I’d really like to put it my truck as the build date is exactly my late Mom’s birthday.

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road

Yeehaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I see all these pictures of people with complex setups so I think mine is pretty boring.

I have a Cobra 75 WX ST I have it sitting under the passenger seat unsecured with the mic hanging from the passenger side cubby in the center stack. I am essentially running power directly from the battery.

The antenna is mounted on a 2" x 7" piece of sheet metal that I cut with a jig saw and bend by hand with a too small bench vise. The antenna is a 3' Firestik II it worked decently a couple weekends ago off roading. I am using the Firestik K4-8R18 mount and coax run through a hole I drilled in the clutch delete plate.

All the cabling surrounding the installation is run through the clutch delete plate. I can take some pictures and post them here when I get home.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I see all these pictures of people with complex setups so I think mine is pretty boring.

I have a Cobra 75 WX ST I have it sitting under the passenger seat unsecured with the mic hanging from the passenger side cubby in the center stack. I am essentially running power directly from the battery.

The antenna is mounted on a 2" x 7" piece of sheet metal that I cut with a jig saw and bend by hand with a too small bench vise. The antenna is a 3' Firestik II it worked decently a couple weekends ago off roading. I am using the Firestik K4-8R18 mount and coax run through a hole I drilled in the clutch delete plate.

All the cabling surrounding the installation is run through the clutch delete plate. I can take some pictures and post them here when I get home.

I’d appreciate the pictures especially around the clutch plate.
Another problem I’m gonna have is my carport is really low. I’ve only got like 2” of clearance above the cab lights.
It may be an even tighter fit or a NO go after the leveling kit is put in.

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road

6speedcummins

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I mounted mine to the floor console on the passenger side. I can't open the glove box all the way but I don't use it much anyway. I mounted the antennas to the tow mirrors. I ran dual coax through each door and out to the mirrors. I used flat stainless steel mounts and bolted them to the mirror frame. This required me to remove the outside cover and expose the thick aluminum frame. Then I cut a small slot in each cover and replaced them. Filled the gaps with some black silicone. I'm running 4' Firesticks and I just have to watch the passenger side while driving on back roads not to hit any branches.