CCV Hose Issues with New SB CAI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MidnightSVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a S&B Intake for my 2019 Ram 1500 Classic. I am having a really difficult time getting the supplied CCV hose connect to the crankcase and the outlet hole on the SB tubing. I can get one end in, but the other end never stays in place when I go to put the engine cover back on. Anyone with an SB intake have any advice / tricks?

Is it possible to ditch the CCV hose and plug the hole on the intake and install a breather filter on the crankcase (like in the pic)?

Thanks for any advice.

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 9.51.02 AM.png

tantore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
some guys in this forums have used the above filter instead of the hose with very good results also did you check the box for an adapter to the breather ? good luck

OP
OP
M

MidnightSVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
tantore -
Thanks for the reply!! I ended up getting a breather filter, like above, and attaching it to the stock CCV hose. It sits right next to the SB intake. I thought about putting the breather filter under the engine, but wasn't comfortable with it being so covered!!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'd leave the engine cover off it it was me,it just defeats the purpose of your cold air intake,by trapping heat on top of the intake manifold,and contributes to heat soaking the intake manifold

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a S&B Intake for my 2019 Ram 1500 Classic. I am having a really difficult time getting the supplied CCV hose connect to the crankcase and the outlet hole on the SB tubing. I can get one end in, but the other end never stays in place when I go to put the engine cover back on. Anyone with an SB intake have any advice / tricks?

Is it possible to ditch the CCV hose and plug the hole on the intake and install a breather filter on the crankcase (like in the pic)?

Thanks for any advice.

View attachment 217157

It is a wrestling match but can be done. We have done a lot of S&B’s and the first couple we thought the same thing. The hose has to be sitting relaxed in just the right spot. Don’t give up on it.

OP
OP
M

MidnightSVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thanks!!
I thought the CCV was just to vent any vapor, condensation, etc. out of the manifold? And not actually "sucking" any fresh air into the engine.

Is this not the case?

I'll get a pic of how I have it setup and post back. I have put about 50 miles on the truck since the install and haven't noticed any negative side effects. No codes either.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Thanks!!
I thought the CCV was just to vent any vapor, condensation, etc. out of the manifold? And not actually "sucking" any fresh air into the engine.

Is this not the case?

I'll get a pic of how I have it setup and post back. I have put about 50 miles on the truck since the install and haven't noticed any negative side effects. No codes either.

You'll want that air filtered. It will suck air into the engine via CCV. Most in not all aftermarket intakes have some type of provision for this.

I run my Mopar intake with just a filter on the breather attached to the oil fill area. I removed the Hemi cover and capped my air filter where the breather hose was supposed to go.

OP
OP
M

MidnightSVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thanks for all of the help!!

I decided to trim the stock CCV line with some PVC cutters. I trimmed the pipe short enough that I could place a some rubber tubing on it and connect the other end to the intake tube on the S&B. Engine cover is on and secure and the CCV hose is connected to the manifold AND the S&B intake.

I am attaching pics with the breather filter on the end of the CCV line and then another pic of the finished product with the CCV line connected to the S&B intake tube.

The S&B intake does sound really great when you get on the throttle and at WOT. I heard the sound difference was noticeable, but I am pleasantly surprised with how great the intake sounds!!

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

Cwils80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the S&B at one point. In my option it was wayyy too loud with some throttle. I must have been just me but it was unbearable. And I had the same issue there! I could never get it to stay on for the life of me. I ended up returning and going with the Volant CAI with the lower scoop.