Center Console fianally installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014StormTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Longhorn 4x4 2003 LY Evo VIII ER Built 2.2L
Engine
6.7 CTD / 4G63
I got myself a console! Now do you know the part numbers of the black pieces that cover the very front of the console under the dash? Mine doesn't have these 2 pieces.

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone have a part numbers list for this upgrade?
Dash Bezel with manual climate with center console
Center Console assembly
Brackets
Screws

bobbo7915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
here are the bracket part numbers needed

55365121AC
55365120AA

the extra bolts i picked up at home depot, just needed two with fender washers and nuts to hold the front bracket on, the rear bracket i reused two bolts from the jump seat. to hold the center console to the brackets i used four M6x1.0x25mm bolts with washers.

i would keep an eye on ebay for a complete console, some of the parts arent really available separately.

the center stack bezel is 1VY931X9AD for the basic black with silver trimming, closest match to an express.... the bezels come blank and you can swap in the parts from your original bezel, it all unscrews from the back

there are also two pieces of duct work needed to connect the air output for the rear seats of the center console

68049979AA this is the part that connects from the air box down towards the floor (have to cut out the opening and two small screws required to hold it in place)

55056931AB this is the part that will connect the duct in the console to the duct connected to the air box, will mount to the front console bracket with push pins.

Last edited:

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
here are the bracket part numbers needed

55365121AC
55365120AA

the extra bolts i picked up at home depot, just needed two with fender washers and nuts to hold the front bracket on, the rear bracket i reused two bolts from the jump seat. to hold the center console to the brackets i used four M6x1.0x25mm bolts with washers.

i would keep an eye on ebay for a complete console, some of the parts arent really available separately.

the center stack bezel is 1VY931X9AD for the basic black with silver trimming, closest match to an express.... the bezels come blank and you can swap in the parts from your original bezel, it all unscrews from the back

there are also two pieces of duct work needed to connect the air output for the rear seats of the center console

68049979AA this is the part that connects from the air box down towards the floor (have to cut out the opening and two small screws required to hold it in place)

55056931AB this is the part that will connect the duct in the console to the duct connected to the air box, will mount to the front console bracket with push pins.

Awesome! Thanks man!

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wondering how you would connect the front and rear power outlets?

nyciti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wondering how you would connect the front and rear power outlets?

The connections are all under the seat. The harness for the console plugs into that. See my previous post "I did this mod about a year ago on my 2013 Express....did it a few weeks after getting my truck. One thing to keep in mind is if you get a console out of an earlier truck 09-12 you will need to 1) find a place for the media connection/usb that is in the jump seat console for the Express. The earlier ones don't have it there. I torn my jump seat apart to get it since I didn't care and had no interest in reselling it or returning my truck to stock.

2) You will need to run a wire tap on the ground for the charger plug in the arm rest to work. The one near the cup holders and the rear one will work np. Its in the plug under the seat you will see it once you look at it, it will be the one missing a connection on the other end.

3) If you want to rear heat to work you will need the plastic that connects the main unit to the console and you will need to open it up."

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The connections are all under the seat. The harness for the console plugs into that. See my previous post "I did this mod about a year ago on my 2013 Express....did it a few weeks after getting my truck. One thing to keep in mind is if you get a console out of an earlier truck 09-12 you will need to 1) find a place for the media connection/usb that is in the jump seat console for the Express. The earlier ones don't have it there. I torn my jump seat apart to get it since I didn't care and had no interest in reselling it or returning my truck to stock.

2) You will need to run a wire tap on the ground for the charger plug in the arm rest to work. The one near the cup holders and the rear one will work np. Its in the plug under the seat you will see it once you look at it, it will be the one missing a connection on the other end.

3) If you want to rear heat to work you will need the plastic that connects the main unit to the console and you will need to open it up."

Which charger plug requires a wire tap on the ground? The one labeled USB?

Also, what do you mean by "open up" the A/C duct connection?
My console has the air duct underneath the console already, is there not a plug and play piece to connect that to the main unit underneath?

Attachments

• 135.jpg
    135.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 144.jpg
    144.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 85

nyciti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes the USB one. You have a later console going into an earlier truck so not sure but the plug is under the seat. It all leads from that. For the heating duct you need two pieces. I believe those are the part numbers listed.

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes the USB one. You have a later console going into an earlier truck so not sure but the plug is under the seat. It all leads from that. For the heating duct you need two pieces. I believe those are the part numbers listed.

Its actually going into a new 2015. Yea I got the part numbers for the duct work. Thanks bro

nyciti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh if its a 15 then it should be plug and play for you.

bobbo7915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
the "open up" part is where one of the two pieces of duct work i listed above, connect to the air box inside of the dash. you just have to cut out some plastic to open up the air passage where the duct connects.

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the "open up" part is where one of the two pieces of duct work i listed above, connect to the air box inside of the dash. you just have to cut out some plastic to open up the air passage where the duct connects.

Roger that! Thanks man!

BlackSheep14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Front bracket installed. Notice the little square coppered color thingy that the screw goes into directly below the corners of the dash bezels. Those are not there on trucks without the factory console, however there are two of them that the original lower dash screws into. Just pop them out of the original position and put them in the new spot.

20141030_153817.jpg

Rear bracket installed. This one bolts in with the two bolts from the driver side of the jump seat.

20141030_153857.jpg

Did you use the factory 7mm bolts for the front bracket. There are 2 already there and the bracket actually slides over them and a plastic guide. There is an additional hole on each but behind that is just a big square opening.

OP
OP
Booms

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
I don't remember.... :)

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Anyone that did the console swap have a black or black leather jump seat they wanna get rid of? The clazzio jump seat covers are hideous and I haven't gotten a quote on covering it yet

BlackSheep14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe this will refresh your memory? Also my usb drive and outlet cords seem really short and barely hang down, were yours that long where the plugged into the console?

20150716_164922_zps4zs04v84.jpg
20150716_164939_zpsvgq8nkbc.jpg

bobbo7915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
i used nut and bolts on the front bracket with some fender washers....kind of a pain to get the one on the driver side because the duct work is in the way but it was doable.

nyciti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Make sure you get the piece BEFORE you do the swap and commit to having the heat work...I did this swap, and then converted to a floor shift too...and now I gotta take it all back out cause I want the heat / ac to the back now too...:mad:

BlackSheep14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i used nut and bolts on the front bracket with some fender washers....kind of a pain to get the one on the driver side because the duct work is in the way but it was doable.

Thanks, that ended up working out perfectly!

BlackSheep14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Being that my truck is 2014 and had rear air I was under the impression I didn't need that connecting piece, I was wrong as they don't match and I need about 2" of duct. Who has that part #?