Center jump seat from 2013+ in 2009?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTXJosh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I’ve searched around a good bit. Talked with a few sellers. But have yet to get a firm will it fit.

Have the current older style center front seat. Like the cup holders built into the newer one and don’t want to change to a console center.

So the question is will the newer style bolt right up or is it going. To trays lot of drill and adapting type stuff. The newer style also has a space for under seat storage in the CD player version so that would mean even more there.

Everything I see lists 2013-2018 just trying to figure out if it is worth trying to find one and spend a good bit, if it won’t really fit well.

Just an slt trim grey cloth seats if that matters but I’ve seen a bunch of similar if not the same color in all 4th gen years.

Thanks for anyone that may know

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
If you buy the whole center jump seat it should bolt right in...same seat from 2009 onto present with the classic 1500 and HD trucks.

OP
OP
G

GTXJosh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Curious then why even auto wreckers list the 13-18 as different? Find the same year group on eBay. I mean I get it would take a bit of work to get the wiring in the seat hooked up in my older truck.

So they should be listing as 2009-2018 then? I know it looks the same to me just don’t want to spend hundred or two and have something that doesn’t fit.

Thanks

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Because that is the years it is standard in. And many do not mess with what could fit and what should fit.

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Take yours out. Go to the junkyard...or look at the pics closely.

You could just change the top...but it is more work.

I am 99.9999%sure the jump seats and the mounting base is the same.

The 2019 and newer 1500 DT trucks would be different and not be a direct bolt in.

But if you get a 2013 to 2018 described seat...it will fit a 2009 to 2018 1500...to include the 2019 to 2022 classic. And will fit a 2010 to 2022 Heavy Duty.

If there is a .0001% chance of modification...it would be minimal.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Curious then why even auto wreckers list the 13-18 as different? Find the same year group on eBay. I mean I get it would take a bit of work to get the wiring in the seat hooked up in my older truck.

So they should be listing as 2009-2018 then? I know it looks the same to me just don’t want to spend hundred or two and have something that doesn’t fit.

Thanks
Because the electronics in the seat are what they are basing the compatibility on (USB hub, CD player, etc)

OP
OP
G

GTXJosh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks all for the comments so far.

There is not one locally at a junkyard which is why I ask. There is an lkq in town but they don’t have one. Many others do, and it runs from just over $100 up to about $200 depending on age and a lot of those cars were total loss so maybe open to the elements a little.

I may contact the local lkq store and see if they have some sort of program to ship between locations to save on shipping costs.
This potential would allow to hold all the kids drinks up front as well without getting kicked around. When they get in and out.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thanks all for the comments so far.

There is not one locally at a junkyard which is why I ask. There is an lkq in town but they don’t have one. Many others do, and it runs from just over $100 up to about $200 depending on age and a lot of those cars were total loss so maybe open to the elements a little.

I may contact the local lkq store and see if they have some sort of program to ship between locations to save on shipping costs.
This potential would allow to hold all the kids drinks up front as well without getting kicked around. When they get in and out.
Lkq used to ship yard to yard at no charge.

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
If you are coming to Vegas anytime soon I can sell you the jump seat sitting in my garage

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Almost all Auto Wrecking Yards have a phone that looks more like a planes instrument panel.
That phones buttons are Direct Lines to the different local & State Wrecking Yards, by category, etc.
All larger yards have a truck that does deliveries
Even some of the independents deliver to the different shops in the area

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam