Change UCA’s!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barry Phillips

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have 4 inch zone lift. Going to add bilsteins at 2.1 upfront and upgrade rear shocks while I’m at it to Fox 2.0. Anyone recommend to change UCA’s while doing this!?

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
Can’t hurt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I agree the shop that did my level said I didn’t have to but if you can it’s peice of mind I went with carlis but have seen lots positive comments on mevotech?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes. I would recommend it. I’m running zone UCA on my leveled truck. They definitely are a nice peace of mind. I’m 3” over stock and it puts the zone UCA right in the middle of its angle. 3/1 eibach kit.

40E49555-401B-4608-940F-9762642EFD2A.jpeg

OP
OP
Barry Phillips

Barry Phillips

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is Mevotech MS251057 a good option? Any other options y’all recommend? Thanks guys

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is Mevotech MS251057 a good option? Any other options y’all recommend? Thanks guys
Rough country or zone. Mevotech are stock replacements. You need something to properly realign the ball joint angle

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Zone are definitely your best bang for you buck. I've ******* about them couple of times in 2 years but in retrospect given the number of miles and abuse i've put them thorough i see no reason for me to complaint about them. No maintenance, tough frame and can take a beating for sure even with 37's. If you want a little extra flex (You need extended travel struts) you can try the JBA ones and they're just a few buck extra.

Hbrichman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I would recommend it aswell and I’m currently on Bilsteins but set at 2.8. I went with JBA, the quality is top notch and the customer service is superb. Zone is another great option and a lot of people are running them without issue. 73b0bd62e9e5ee842bb28a26764bfced.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Zone are definitely your best bang for you buck. I've ******* about them couple of times in 2 years but in retrospect given the number of miles and abuse i've put them thorough i see no reason for me to complaint about them. No maintenance, tough frame and can take a beating for sure even with 37's. If you want a little extra flex (You need extended travel struts) you can try the JBA ones and they're just a few buck extra.

I always forget to measure/take pics since it's not top of mind, but the downtravel with the King's/JBA's is ******** for just being control arms and C/O's. They don't seem to give you as much castor as the Zone's though, but that hasn't been an issue for me on 35's.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I always forget to measure/take pics since it's not top of mind, but the downtravel with the King's/JBA's is ******** for just being control arms and C/O's. They don't seem to give you as much castor as the Zone's though, but that hasn't been an issue for me on 35's.
Have you tried a different alignment shop and purposedly asked them to set your caster at 5* on both sides? Some techs are lazy and don't want to spend the time doing it right. You won't get the same value on both sides for some unknown reason to me but one side will be 5 while the other goes to 4.7 or so. Then they can set camber to 0 or slightly neg to -0.2 on both sides.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Zone is the best option unless you are going 2.5 coilovers and really send it. Zones are built very strong and will correct your geometry.

Anyone interested in a set feel free to message me for pricing with your forum discount!

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey nick how much are replace the ball joints for the zones? I probably should order 1 or 2 just to have on hand.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Have you tried a different alignment shop and purposedly asked them to set your caster at 5* on both sides? Some techs are lazy and don't want to spend the time doing it right. You won't get the same value on both sides for some unknown reason to me but one side will be 5 while the other goes to 4.7 or so. Then they can set camber to 0 or slightly neg to -0.2 on both sides.

I've gotten close before in the low/mid 4's before camber started getting out there. The truck won't ever see 37"s unless it's re-geared so it's eh for me with the travel they give you, I knew going in they wouldn't go as high as some of the others.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've gotten close before in the low/mid 4's before camber started getting out there. The truck won't ever see 37"s unless it's re-geared so it's eh for me with the travel they give you, I knew going in they wouldn't go as high as some of the others.
I think Revit has that same issue with his CST Uniballs. He mentioned he has tried to get his caster up to 5* but the shop told him wasn't possible.