Changing mirrors question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smitty7611

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Claasic
Engine
Mornn!
I purchased a new set of mirrors from a fellow who changed to tows right away.
I have a 2020 tradesman, with no lights.
I know i’ll have to have it flashed to get signal, puddle.
but.. they are power also, don’t need it, can you manually close the mirror if required?
or will it damage the motor
Thanks

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mornn!
I purchased a new set of mirrors from a fellow who changed to tows right away.
I have a 2020 tradesman, with no lights.
I know i’ll have to have it flashed to get signal, puddle.
but.. they are power also, don’t need it, can you manually close the mirror if required?
or will it damage the motor
Thanks
You can turn on the puddle lights and turn signals with the AlfaOBD and a OBD reader. Yes, you can fold the mirrors manually even though they are power folding. On my 2019 Express, I switched the mirrors for color matched Sport/RT mirrors with power folding, and I don't have the power folding module and fold mine in all the time.

OP
OP
S

Smitty7611

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Claasic
Engine
You can turn on the puddle lights and turn signals with the AlfaOBD and a OBD reader. Yes, you can fold the mirrors manually even though they are power folding. On my 2019 Express, I switched the mirrors for color matched Sport/RT mirrors with power folding, and I don't have the power folding module and fold mine in all the time.
Thanks for the reply!
you used the Alpha on the 2019?
I’m confident from watching youtube’s but concerned about warranty

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the reply!
you used the Alpha on the 2019?
I’m confident from watching youtube’s but concerned about warranty
Yes, I did it on my 2019. There is a separate bypass harness that needs to be installed while using the AlfaOBD and reader on, I believe 2018 and up, but you don't need to leave it in there. I used the bypass harness to activate the puddle lights and turn signals, and also to be able to roll the windows down using the unlock button, then once everything worked, I removed the harness and OBD reader.

By the way, in the AlfaOBD app, puddle lights are activated by turning on "approach lights". There is a puddle light setting, but that didn't turn mine on, approach lights is what did.