Cheap “upgrade”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdcarnes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am not sure if you would call this an upgrade or not. I have a 2014 1500 with ramboxes. I have a drop in liner in it but the bed divider won’t work with the drop in liner. So today I pulled the liner out. I plan to get a spray in liner eventually but not in the budget right now so, for $40 picked up a 6X4 stall mat from Tractor Supply and threw it down. Almost a perfect fit and my bed divider now works. Don’t think it looks too bad either.

55C06052-CCE1-4CB0-B374-9EC1C2FAE9C2.jpeg

7BF6AF99-4CB8-4B2D-A0E5-24C911AB29A9.jpeg

FADC044C-709E-4053-9A69-8575C0756D3F.jpeg

EA50FE53-09EA-46B4-8D4B-D5922E9ABAE2.jpeg

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
It's an excellent solution. Would you do us a favor and comment on the amount of wear you found under the liner. Any number of folks say they wear the paint to bare metal but your bed floor looks pretty nice.

You have an excellent data point with a newer truck and liner.

Thx

twizt3dkitty

Reaction score
Is that bed divider aftermarket? I like it, but have a 5.7 bed.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
cdcarnes

cdcarnes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's an excellent solution. Would you do us a favor and comment on the amount of wear you found under the liner. Any number of folks say they wear the paint to bare metal but your bed floor looks pretty nice.

You have an excellent data point with a newer truck and liner.

Thx
I posted a pic with no bedlliner in at all. As you said, there is definitely some scuffing but it really isn't that bad at all. I was surprised it wasn't worse to be honest.

OP
OP
cdcarnes

cdcarnes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is that bed divider aftermarket? I like it, but have a 5.7 bed.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
It was part of the cargo management system that came with the ramboxes. I bought the truck used so not sure if it was standard or an add on. I see them on the market place used quite frequently for $200 to $300 generally. Mine is keyed the same as the truck so I can lock it up and keep it from getting stolen.

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have a friend that has 2 Rams and he used that horse stall mat in both of them and they look great and are extremely hard to damage and a lot cheaper than a bed rug/mat. I will be doing the same thing shortly. I just have to find the time to go buy it.

OP
OP
cdcarnes

cdcarnes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a friend that has 2 Rams and he used that horse stall mat in both of them and they look great and are extremely hard to damage and a lot cheaper than a bed rug/mat. I will be doing the same thing shortly. I just have to find the time to go buy it.

I came across this idea out of necessity. There aren't many options for the 6'4" rambox bed out there. Lots of options for the 5'7" bed but not the 6'4". I don't know why, but for some reason companies just don't make liners and covers for my truck.

512RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I came across this idea out of necessity. There aren't many options for the 6'4" rambox bed out there. Lots of options for the 5'7" bed but not the 6'4". I don't know why, but for some reason companies just don't make liners and covers for my truck.
I too have the 6'4" bed with boxes. It's very hard to find anything for these size beds.

20190904_155327.jpg

duunoit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
It was part of the cargo management system that came with the ramboxes. I bought the truck used so not sure if it was standard or an add on. I see them on the market place used quite frequently for $200 to $300 generally. Mine is keyed the same as the truck so I can lock it up and keep it from getting stolen.

I've had two truck with RamBoxes (1 new and 1 used). Both had the divider. The ones you've seen on eBay/etc. are probably people that DIDN'T leave them in the trucks when traded and the dealer had no idea that they were missing/left out.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Crew Cab
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI
Looks great, like it was made for that bed! I use the same horse stall mats for my dog kennel (German Sheppard). I have a custom fit Weathertech techliner in mine. Was going to spray, but other than taking trash / yard waste to the transfer station I don’t use it much.