Cheapest option to install backup camera in Tradesman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Barry Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys. What is the cheapest route to go to put a backup camera on a tradesman? Already spent a lot with leveling kit, tires/wheels, tint.
Thanks

Dylan Campbell

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I bought my express it already had a license plate frame mounted camera and a screen mounted on the dash above the radio (in the little 'tray' with the RAM logo). I was surprised with the quality of the license plate frame camera, so have since wired it into my aftermarket head unit. I still have this screen laying around if you think you can use it, it is all yours. Looks like your relatively local to the phoenix area so your welcome to pick it up for free or just pay shipping. No idea what brand it is, or really anything about it.

That is a dog hair on the screen, not a scratch. (my entire life is covered in golden retriever hair)

image0 (1).jpeg image2.jpeg

image0 (2).jpeg

EDIT:

Found the dealer pic of it installed for reference

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Barry Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I bought my express it already had a license plate frame mounted camera and a screen mounted on the dash above the radio (in the little 'tray' with the RAM logo). I was surprised with the quality of the license plate frame camera, so have since wired it into my aftermarket head unit. I still have this screen laying around if you think you can use it, it is all yours. Looks like your relatively local to the phoenix area so your welcome to pick it up for free or just pay shipping. No idea what brand it is, or really anything about it.

That is a dog hair on the screen, not a scratch. (my entire life is covered in golden retriever hair)

View attachment 224721 View attachment 224722

View attachment 224723

EDIT:

Found the dealer pic of it installed for reference
Thanks for the offer. I think it may be easier for me to buy a kit that has everything I need. I'm not to electrically handy. Thanks again