Check Engine Light after iDatalink Maestro/Pioneer Headunit Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barbosa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just finished up installing a Pioneer AVH-2300NEX with the iDatalink Maestro and everything is working from what I can tell so far, but now I have a check engine light on. The vehicle data in the radio says the code is U1267 which from what I can tell online seems to be a generic fault.

Any ideas what I might have done wrong?

61N150W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just finished up installing a Pioneer AVH-2300NEX with the iDatalink Maestro and everything is working from what I can tell so far, but now I have a check engine light on. The vehicle data in the radio says the code is U1267 which from what I can tell online seems to be a generic fault.

Any ideas what I might have done wrong?

Far from sure, but try giving the truck's BCM a little time to learn. As in cycle the key a few times. I had a random CEL after head unit swap which resolved itself after I ran a few errands. Hopefully it's something that simple.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
You probably turned it (the truck) on to test before hooking up every plug in the factory radio bezel. I've done it many times...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
barbosa

barbosa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I definitely turned it on without any of the harnesses in the console reconnected except for the radio.

So will it just clear itself? I’ve driven three or four short trips today and it’s still on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I definitely turned it on without any of the harnesses in the console reconnected except for the radio.

So will it just clear itself? I’ve driven three or four short trips today and it’s still on.

Yep. Give it a day or two and the light will clear. A dealer will still see the stored codes though, but they can easily clear them.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Djoker04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 1500 2015
Engine
HEMI
That happened to me to....and i used my scan tool to erase it...But then i must of did something and caused my Maestro to disconnect from the HU....i called support to reset it..(instructions in install was not working) he told me to plug everything up except the Power and Data cable....hold the reset button plug both up Data 1st then Power wait till the flashing red turns green...release...then turn key all the way but not start I watched the dash....The check engine came on then out and it was working like it should.

OP
OP
barbosa

barbosa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The light was gone when I started the truck this morning. Thanks for all the answers.

And yes, at least with this radio there was an option to reset the check engine light. It wouldn’t let me do it while driving though and I forgot to try it again once parked.

kirb2326

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
this is the only thread I found on this....18 Ram 1500 how did you hook up the Obd2 just slide it on or splice? Please help