Check your catch cans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MyOhFive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Went to empty mine last night and the allen bolt that holds the can to the bracket was hanging on by a thread. I put some blue loctite on it and clamped it back down.

LilRamie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Well hopefully that's something you'll hopefully be able to keep an eye on inherently with all the periodic emptying reqd.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Good tip, I'll check mine tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Ok... I've seen and read a lil bit about these Hemi "catch cans". Can someone inform me a little more on this subject as I'm still trying to understand the purpose and if I should invest in one or not.

Thank you in advance.

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Ok... I've seen and read a lil bit about these Hemi "catch cans". Can someone inform me a little more on this subject as I'm still trying to understand the purpose and if I should invest in one or not.

Thank you in advance.

I believe it catches nasty oil that normally would be dumped back into the pcv valve.

Never used one but people do post pics of some gunk in them so it can't be bad.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I believe it catches nasty oil that normally would be dumped back into the pcv valve.

Never used one but people do post pics of some gunk in them so it can't be bad.
Yes - I've seen some gunk in videos that guys dump out. I guess I will never know unless I mount one up, but I can think of some better items to spend $130+ on like a new heater core and blend doors... fogged up windows in my humid climate suck's.

Mugster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In the 2+ years I've been using a catch can I've collected a full water bottle (500ml) worth of oil.

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Yes - I've seen some gunk in videos that guys dump out. I guess I will never know unless I mount one up, but I can think of some better items to spend $130+ on like a new heater core and blend doors... fogged up windows in my humid climate suck's.

yeah i'd pick those over a catch can as well

OP
OP
MyOhFive

MyOhFive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI

Honestly on a 2007, what's done is done. I can never HURT to stop the flow of oily air back into the motor, but this is by no means a HP mod. More of a peace of mind thing, only reason I have one is cuz I strapped it on with 6km on the truck...

Do these even fit on the 3rd gens anyway?? Pretty sure it mounts where the EGR is on the 3rd gen.

LilRamie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I know eh... it's too bad this forum makes you open threads you don't want to read too.

Well it was off to a good start then BAM you have someone ask what where how and why, then it just turns into the 80000000 other catch can threads, I was actually enjoying the thread till that point :roflsquared:

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Well it was off to a good start then BAM you have someone ask what where how and why, then it just turns into the 80000000 other catch can threads, I was actually enjoying the thread till that point :roflsquared:
Apologies, I didn't mean to F up your read. Just did a search on here and didn't find a good enough answer so I thought I would ask. I'll not ask questions on here anymore...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Apologies, I didn't mean to F up your read. Just did a search on here and didn't find a good enough answer so I thought I would ask. I'll not ask questions on here anymore...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

its ok bro, we've just had some war-like threads here about catchs. im guilty myself :crazy:

we're over it. ask away.