CheechDogg's 2018 Ram 1500 Big Horn 2wd Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
So I finally decided on what to get and my truck is getting lifted Thursday and should be ready for me to pick on on Friday evening.

I went with the 7" MaxTrac with Fox shocks, RBP 87R Black with Milled Spoke Edges and Windows 20x12 -44 and Nitto Ridge Grapplers 37x12.50.

They will need to do some trimming which I knew and after I come back from taking a trip to Arizona which is a 350 mile trip one way I will know if I need and want to re-gear to 4.56s.

If I do decide to re-gear, I will then probably get 40s and a 3" BL since I am re-gearing. I got a really good price for the re-gearing from the same shop that I am getting my truck lifted with wheels and tires.

I will post pictures as soon as I get home on Friday evening, I can't wait lol ...

I was going to go with the Cooper STT Pros but they didn't have them in stock, then the shop owner said he could get me a good deal on the 37" Ridge Grapplers and I couldn't pass that up. I also got a good deal on the wheels since RBP is just down the street from his shop.

Now I have to look around for some steps which I am thinking about the AMP steps but damn they are $1300 installed, don't know if I want to spend that much money on some steps lol.

So here is a list of the planned mods I have for my truck:

1. Tinted Windows (getting them done next Monday)
  2. Re-gear to 4.56s
  3. Tonneau Cover, hard tri-fold preferably
  4. Color matched bumpers, side mirrors and door handles
  5. Exhaust
  6. Spray on bedliner
  7. DRL or projector or halo headlights
I really need opinions and help on headlights, not sure what I should get and from whom.... I don't want to spend tons of money on them but I also know that you get what you pay for ... does anyone have any suggestions on headlights?

87r_blackmilled_white.jpg

8732cuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any suggestions on headlight upgrades? These halogens really suck !!!
I like the recon taillights, for the headlights I would just retro fit the and make them your own paint the insides etc. https://www.diodedynamics.com great products, why spend 1000 on lights when for about 400 you could do both really sharp.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Do you have OEM projector headlights or quads?

If you have the projectors, just upgrade them to HID with a kit from RetroShop. They work really well with the OEM headlights.

Just don't use HIDs in the quad reflector type headlights.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Do you have OEM projector headlights or quads?

If you have the projectors, just upgrade them to HID with a kit from RetroShop. They work really well with the OEM headlights.

Just don't use HIDs in the quad reflector type headlights.

NO ... i have the quads ... damn halogens lol ....

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
www.retroshop.us

Jeremy's site, and get the Sport upgrade projectors.

You will LOVE the Nitto Ridge Grapplers, just did mine in 35's and Maxtrac 4.5/3" lift.

Here is my white Ram with Jeremys headlights.

View attachment 156276

I just got home from dropping Her off ... they will have her ready for me tomorrow in the afternoon ...I took a look at the wheels and tires and holy FAWK ! they are massive ! lol

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Nice can not wait to see hot it will look, also yes those steps are expensive but people swear by them.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
I just called the shop to check on the truck ... they are almost done ... I will be picking it up around 5:30 ... The first thing the shop owner said was "Dude it's a monster, you are definitely going to need some side steps to get in, well your girlfriend for sure" ... I am only 5'5 lol !