Chrome to color matched

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIG BALOO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
shop quoted me $1150 to color match the grille surround and front and rear bumpers on a 2016 Big Horn. Seems high but wanted to see any others who did similar? They did say the Blue Streak Pearl is one of the more expensive paints.

I know many have done the Sport swaps, but buying new would be more expensive and finding blue streak parts at salvage would be tricky since it is not the most common color.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Sounds like a deal to me !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I got quoted 450 and 600 to color match mine with delmonico red... that's too much what they quoted you

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got quoted 450 and 600 to color match mine with delmonico red... that's too much what they quoted you

Prices are gonna depend a lot on region ... I would get another quote or two from some other body shops in the area and compare... just remember the cheapest isn’t always the best option.. read reviews, compare warranty etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
shop quoted me $1150 to color match the grille surround and front and rear bumpers on a 2016 Big Horn. Seems high but wanted to see any others who did similar? They did say the Blue Streak Pearl is one of the more expensive paints.

I know many have done the Sport swaps, but buying new would be more expensive and finding blue streak parts at salvage would be tricky since it is not the most common color.
Mine was $400 at Gerber for the same pieces for maximum steel metallic. It’s a tradesman, so all the parts were that dull black color they use. I’d imagine chrome prep would be a little more, but what saved me the most money was, I took the bumpers and grill off and just gave them those pieces completely stripped down. Brackets off, grill inserts off, and anything else that was bolted to them.

BrewCrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
I’m in CA, what part? I can’t find a local shop that does color match wrap, just full paint.

I'm in SoCal near Big Bear. The place I found is in Redlands called "UpDog"

My quote for both bumpers was $350....$150 for the rear and $200 for the front. They also will do your handles, mirrors, and badges!

I will be headed there sometime this month to "kill the chrome"

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
^^^^ that's a steal!

OP
OP
BIG BALOO

BIG BALOO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

My quote for both bumpers was $350....$150 for the rear and $200 for the front. They also will do your handles, mirrors, and badges!

Yea that may be worth the drive, that is a great deal. I am calling around a couple different places to compare first! Im not even looking for a full chrome delete, just bumpers and grille surround!

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s

I live in Moreno valley....I'm going to check them out!

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My first thought was this was written so someone would come in here and say... what’s “updog”

If you don’t get it... then I’m shaking my head
I’m pick’n up what yer putt’n down!

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Here in CA you can get both bumpers color match wrapped for $350.
A wrap sounds like the best option-you can get a re-wrap if needed,if it gets scratched and you can remove later to go back to chrome if your selling and someone wants the original chrome-and the price is very reasonable. Thats the way I would go for sure!!

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I have a 2500 with steel bumpers so it may not be apples to apples but I was able to get repop bumpers for $450 and an oem paintable grill for $300. Had a friend who owns a shop paint them for $200. I didn’t want to paint over chrome so I would say that price isn’t too bad for the prep work it takes to make paint stick to chrome.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive learned to accept the chrome on my bumper. I just wont get it on my next truck

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive learned to accept the chrome on my bumper. I just wont get it on my next truck

I keep telling myself I need to do that, not sure I'll be able to. My goal for my next truck will be another longhorn, in the 5th gen, which I've noticed you can get in color matched bumpers.