Chrysler lifetime extended warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I paid $2495 with a $100 deductible and thats supposed to be my employee cost. Hmmm.

OP
OP
Docwagon1776

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I paid $2495 with a $100 deductible and thats supposed to be my employee cost. Hmmm.

I paid $2209.55 after sales tax. I don't think they did you any favors with your employee cost.

They originally wanted $2800, but I showed the dealer the website in the first post and they negotiated it down quite a bit.

munsters1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Ecodiesel
Chyrsler doesn't back new Ram 1500 diesel. Refuses to offer lifetime warranty

I just purchased a 2015 Ram 1500 diesel and purchased life time warranty at $3200. A week later the dealer called me up and said Chrysler will not do the lifetime warranty with the diesel. I guess Chrysler is already afraid of the reliability of their diesel. Sorry I bought it. They don't even have confidence in it and it is brand new. They offer it for the Hemi but not their diesel. I guess we need not say more about how these things will hold up.

shadango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just purchased a 2015 Ram 1500 diesel and purchased life time warranty at $3200. A week later the dealer called me up and said Chrysler will not do the lifetime warranty with the diesel. I guess Chrysler is already afraid of the reliability of their diesel. Sorry I bought it. They don't even have confidence in it and it is brand new. They offer it for the Hemi but not their diesel. I guess we need not say more about how these things will hold up.

I think it is more that diesel owners will use it harder, tow and haul much heavier stuff, use commercially for things and the diesel engine will last much longer than the rest of the vehicle...meaning that more owners will keep coming in for OTHER repairs (than just engine repairs)....so "lifetime" becomes a different situation than vehicles with a hemi.

My guess is they figure the diesel trucks will in the end be more of a liability to cover because "lifetime" means something different compared to a gas engine vehicle. There has to be a cap somewhere in the fine print on the cap of total repairs over a "lifetime".............

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think it is more that diesel owners will use it harder, tow and haul much heavier stuff, use commercially for things and the diesel engine will last much longer than the rest of the vehicle...meaning that more owners will keep coming in for OTHER repairs (than just engine repairs)....so "lifetime" becomes a different situation than vehicles with a hemi.

My guess is they figure the diesel trucks will in the end be more of a liability to cover because "lifetime" means something different compared to a gas engine vehicle. There has to be a cap somewhere in the fine print on the cap of total repairs over a "lifetime".............

They will stop warranty work when the value of the repair exceeds the value of the vehicle. It will be a pretty long time...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's not in the contract, and I'd say your financial manager is full of crap. They can't just say "a motor costs more than your truck is worth, so we are not going to honor your warranty" if that's not written in the contract. You can almost smell the lawyers circling the dealership that tries that.

The contract, which I have in front of me right now, says "No Dealer, Dealer employee or Chrysler Group employee has the authority to modify or change any provision of this Plan"

I've read through the whole thing and nowhere does it say anything about a maximum lifetime benefit amount (like health insurance), or cost of repairs vs cost of vehicle (like car insurance). What will cancel the plan are things like tampering with the odometer or registering it in a foreign country.

Its in there. Not a maximum lifetime benefit, but only covers repairs that don't exceed the value of the truck.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

RAM_CRNA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew
Engine
5.7l Hemi V8 MDS 4x4
IMHO extended warranties are calculated based on average repairs for a particular model with added premium for the company to make it profitable. Thanks to your posts, I won't even consider it unless they offer it for much less or add extras to the truck. One of the hardest things to do is to turn down these things. Thanks for bringing this up. I'll be better prepared when I take delivery.

manonabuffalo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Laramie
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I bought a 2014 Grand Cherokee Eco Diesel for my wife last year and got the lifetime warranty for it at $3000. Same terms as my truck although the price tag for that warrantly went up considerably in 4 years. I'm glad we got it because the 3.0 Eco Diesel is plagued with issues. Our GC became a check engine light victim a few weeks ago at 13,000 miles. The engine is great but it was never originally meant to be subject to the US EPA's emission regulations. So basically most of the Eco Diesels will need new exhaust manifolds and DEF systems as upgrades. If Chrysler is trying to get out of replacing every single Eco Diesel's exhaust systems they will have quite a problem.

essman929

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I used to work at the dealership in the F&I department. Lot of those lifetime warranties are back poorly by risk retention groups (privately owned companies huge risk). So if they do the actuary wrong they go out of business. The best route to go is to make sure the company is backed with an insurance clip like AM Trust, Assurant etc. Since I'm out of the dealer world now I just got done looking for a company to cover my 2016 Ram. I called a couple of places of the internet. Most of them seemed legit. I bought coverage from a company called National Repair Solutions. They are broker for a bunch of different warranty companies. So all their policies are back with an insurance clip. So if the companies go under they're still a warranty in place plus you can still get your refund back of the coverage the you haven't used. Hope that helps! The dealership world can be tricky if you don't understand how they work.

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't think the lifetime is transferable. It says original owner only. It won't be an issue for a long time, though. This is the first brand new vehicle I've ever bought and I'm driving it for a loooooooooooooong time.

Same here. I have the basic 3 year/30,000 mile warranty. Once I get to the end of the warranty in two more years, I may buy the lifetime warranty.

I looked up quotes online with my VIN but how would I negotiate the price, if at all? Print it out and go to different dealers?

TarPaper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport Black Edition 1500
Engine
Hemi V8
Go to Chrysler online lifetime..put in your info...get price...go to dealer and have them match the MOPAR LIFETIME WARRANTY...

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That works at some dealers, others just won't sell at that price. So just buy it on line. Service departments don't care where you purchased the warranty, they are happy to have your repair business.

king99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am confused as to why they are charging sales tax. Its a service they are providing. You don't walk away with anything physically in your hands. I own a catering and events company in IL and I have to charge sales tax on food but not service staff. Service staff in a service provided, food it something they get to "keep". Maybe its different in the auto service industry?

capsfloyd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not on diesels. I have it on my 09 hemi. 320,000 miles on the clock . Called max care.

RamNoob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have that on my truck aswell, i just had the paint, leather, cloth and undercoating done to my truck. Looks amazing. Also, if the paint fades, dash cracks ect. It is covered for life at 100 dollar deductible

Attachments

• 20160831_170042.jpg
    20160831_170042.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 113

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought the lifetime warranty for my ram when i paid for it used. It was 3400 unlimited miles ect....

Im the second owner of the ram and it was certified. I was told the warranty was cheaper on a new vehicle.

lukedukem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have that on my truck aswell, i just had the paint, leather, cloth and undercoating done to my truck. Looks amazing. Also, if the paint fades, dash cracks ect. It is covered for life at 100 dollar deductible

How did you get your paint covered, the website states

What Is NOT Covered By Mopar Maximum Care

Maintenance services and items used in such services
Wear items (such as tires, manual clutch assembly, brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums, belts and wipers)
Snow plows, winches and trailer hitches
Body and paint items, including soft trim
Remote transmitters & headphones
Glass and plastic lenses

Luke