Chrysler lifetime extended warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
IMHO extended warranties are calculated based on average repairs for a particular model with added premium for the company to make it profitable. Thanks to your posts, I won't even consider it unless they offer it for much less or add extras to the truck. One of the hardest things to do is to turn down these things. Thanks for bringing this up. I'll be better prepared when I take delivery.

I purchase the max care warranty a week ago on my 2014 2500 with the 6.4 The plan is for 4 additional years and 75000 total miles. Dealer price- 3700, Chrysler price- 2040. Searched online and found a Chrysler dealer in MI - 1455. It has a full refund clause that if I don't use it within the warranty period I will receive a full refund. If I want to trade/sell the truck before expiration they will refund the balance of the premium. This is a Chrysler warranty as I verified it from Chrysler themselves. How could I go wrong?

Chargerrich

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just bought a 2015 CPO Laramie Longhorn and got the lifetime warranty plus the resistall treatment and the lifetime paint protection. The whole package cost me $2,875 after five declines and reductions. :happy107:

My truck has the air ride... that plus my plan to drive this thing forever makes it a smart purchase in my opinion.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just bought a 2015 CPO Laramie Longhorn and got the lifetime warranty plus the resistall treatment and the lifetime paint protection. The whole package cost me $2,875 after five declines and reductions. :happy107:

My truck has the air ride... that plus my plan to drive this thing forever makes it a smart purchase in my opinion.

i have the lifetime warranty also. read the fine print, when the cost of repair costs more than the value of the vehicle, they give you the value of the vehicle.

EJR_3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
This sounds like a good deal and well worth it in the long run, but I know it'll do me know good since they'll probably void it once I get a Whipple SC.

essman929

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
A lot of the lifetime warranties are only for the power-train coverage and you can't miss any oil changes or it's voided. They're some dealers that you can buy a lifetime bumper to bumper policy as well. These are more worst in my opinion because no one in the insurance world can cover a policy like this. The amount of claims on a vehicle for 10 years or more can be over $10,000 so charging you $2,500 doesn't make sense. They are really bank on statics that said every 3 to 4 years car owners trade in they're vehicle.

I would just purchase the regular vehicle service contract / auto warranty to be on the safe side. If you buy 5 to 7 year for $3,000 and only keep it for 2 years then the other 3 to 5 years is refunded back to you on prorated bases. This way if you don't file any claims then you get the portion of the money back.

I use a broker firm called National Repair Solutions. My friend at the dealer told me about them. They are a network of other auto warranty companies offer at the dealership. They have no credit check interest free payments you can make and cancel at any time instead of paying the whole amount at the dealer. If you put it in your loan you pay interest this doesn't charge interest at all. I used them for about 6 years now on my old car which they replaced the transmission, window motor and alternator. I have them now on my 2015 Ram and my wife van. National Repair Solutions already fixed the A/C and something else on it so they pay claims out.

Hope that helps!

Love these little guys!
:superhack::sleepy10::roflsquared::happy107::buffer::3681700201_eef6d1e2:baby::buffer:

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
A lot of the lifetime warranties are only for the power-train coverage and you can't miss any oil changes or it's voided. They're some dealers that you can buy a lifetime bumper to bumper policy as well. These are more worst in my opinion because no one in the insurance world can cover a policy like this. The amount of claims on a vehicle for 10 years or more can be over $10,000 so charging you $2,500 doesn't make sense. They are really bank on statics that said every 3 to 4 years car owners trade in they're vehicle.

I would just purchase the regular vehicle service contract / auto warranty to be on the safe side. If you buy 5 to 7 year for $3,000 and only keep it for 2 years then the other 3 to 5 years is refunded back to you on prorated bases. This way if you don't file any claims then you get the portion of the money back.

I use a broker firm called National Repair Solutions. My friend at the dealer told me about them. They are a network of other auto warranty companies offer at the dealership. They have no credit check interest free payments you can make and cancel at any time instead of paying the whole amount at the dealer. If you put it in your loan you pay interest this doesn't charge interest at all. I used them for about 6 years now on my old car which they replaced the transmission, window motor and alternator. I have them now on my 2015 Ram and my wife van. National Repair Solutions already fixed the A/C and something else on it so they pay claims out.

Hope that helps!

Love these little guys!
:superhack::sleepy10::roflsquared::happy107::buffer::3681700201_eef6d1e2:baby::buffer:

The chrysler factory maxcare lifetime warranty is the best way to go. I would stay away from third party warranty company's.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Of course, there is a statistical element on the manufacturer's part but if you keep your vehicles for a long time the lifetime can really pay off.

I completely agree that aftermarket warranties are a terrible way to go.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

Hope that helps!

Love these little guys!

I think I smell an advertisement here. New member, 2nd post, drudging up an old thread with nothing much to say but ******* factory warranties and offering an aftermarket. Hmmmmm.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I think I smell an advertisement here. New member, 2nd post, drudging up an old thread with nothing much to say but ******* factory warranties and offering an aftermarket. Hmmmmm.

Thats what I was thinking.