Chrysler Warranty - Misfire, Lifters & Cam possible culprit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thank you, my warranty is no longer effective obviously, I wanted to see if anyone knows if they have fixed this issue Before I spend $4,000+tx,etc., I do not want more of the same down the road again, I have "the black pearl"(truck name)home for now debating on my options, like an aftermarket place I can get help, so I can have the work done here or is the Cam/lifter issue resolved? Then I would have the dealership do the work, just really saddened to not be able to drive it, I have a car but I feel like I am going to die in that thing, I love my truck it is vital to Our business and my life.

My guess is the dealer will be the most expensive and will use stock parts. I would use forged internals and never have to deal with this again.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd also check into remanufactured engines, both short block and long block. There are several companies out there, Jasper, Spartan, TriStar are just a few, probably many more. I have no idea how expensive they are but it would give you an idea what you're getting for the money you're spending.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

blueeyedjewel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
I'd also check into remanufactured engines, both short block and long block. There are several companies out there, Jasper, Spartan, TriStar are just a few, probably many more. I have no idea how expensive they are but it would give you an idea what you're getting for the money you're spending.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Thank you I will check on those