Cigarette lighter 2007 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hellyeahitis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, it looks like my cigarette lighter is live even when my ignition is off, is that possible on my 2007 Ram? I wanted to use it for a A/M backup camera, but if it’s live when it’s off, then it will drain my battery. Maybe it’s on a timer and goes off later, I just wondered if anyone knew, one way or another. Thanks

OP
OP
H

hellyeahitis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So it is setup to be powered up even when the ignition is off, but the owners manual says the dealership can change that, so does anyone know what they do to change it to where it goes off when the ignition is turned off? Please help lol

OP
OP
H

hellyeahitis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok I figured it out without you punks lol The fuse for the power outlet has an extra female prong on the fuse panel, so you just move the fuse over one, and that changes it from being live all the time, to turning off when you shut the truck off. Easy as that, thank you all for nothing lol

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So it is setup to be powered up even when the ignition is off, but the owners manual says the dealership can change that, so does anyone know what they do to change it to where it goes off when the ignition is turned off? Please help lol

Was going to say
"Sorry I can't answer your question but you should try asking over in the 3rd gen section. You've posted in the 5th gen section (2019+ new body style)."

As I was posting I saw your reply, glad you got it figured out.