Climate Control Issues With UAQ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryanh19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello,

I seem to be having trouble with my climate controls after upgrading to a UAQ in my 2013 1500. When adjusting the temperature, the radio does not accurately display what is coming from the vents. For example, it will show full hot, but cool air will still be coming out of the vents. I need to press the heat button about 5-10 more times to actually get to heat. Another thing that may be notable is that the radio displays the outside temp in celsius with no option to change units in the settings where it should be.

After reading the following posts about similar issues it seems like the common fix has been upgrading to ATC which I have just completed following the M2 Mods harness and instructions on here with alfa OBD. Change to Dual Zone ATC, wait for radio reset, then Single Zone ATC.

I now have Single Zone ATC configured for my truck and the issue still persists. I made sure to pull the inline fuse between changes to reset the radio. The climate controls seem to work properly and display the outside temp in fahrenheit until the full configuration is set on the radio. I will link a video showing what is currently happening along with other relevant information.

Video of issue

2013 Ram 1500 Hemi
Original RA3 Single Zone MTC 7 speed
Upgraded UAQ part number: 68306656AR
Current HVAC config: Single Zone ATC
UAQ Application Version: 39.6.0

I have been looking through many threads but I cannot seem to find an answer to this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Ryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi
I’m having pretty much same issue. 2013 150 Big Horn with 2018 Panasonic nav radio. Also my temp is stuck in F and I’m using all metric!
Have you solved it?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I’m having pretty much same issue. 2013 150 Big Horn with 2018 Panasonic nav radio.
If you have the 8 spd transmission there is a 3-way valve that directs coolant to the transmission TMU when heat is not needed for the cab. It's possible that valve isn't working and not throwing a code.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t follow. My issue is that temp display is stuck in Fahrenheit and miles in nav. My temp setting jumps to HI after 74 degrees. How does the radio affect the transmission cooling? Everything was working with stock 2013 radio

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
For example, it will show full hot, but cool air will still be coming out of the vents.

How does the radio affect the transmission cooling?
The coolant is directed to the transmission TMU if it is not needed for heat in the cab. If the 3-way isn't working properly there will be a lack of heat in the cab.
Your lack of heat could also be a blend door.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The coolant is directed to the transmission TMU if it is not needed for heat in the cab. If the 3-way isn't working properly there will be a lack of heat in the cab.
Your lack of heat could also be a blend door.
Or a coolant system pressure cap not holding pressure.