Color Question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freed127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys, looking to have some of the suspension components powdercoated on my play / show truck. Not wanting to do something super flashy, but want it noticeable and clean looking.

My truck is granite crystal metallic and I’m currently leaning on doing a dark bronze. First parts on the list will be a set of core 4x4 control arms. I also considered doing something close to paint match but im afraid that will blend in to the point of not noticing at all. Any other suggestions?

96B5BAEA-D0E5-4607-BE72-02109A82F5E0.jpeg

6848975D-0CCF-490E-B763-19FA842D4AC9.jpeg

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hey guys, looking to have some of the suspension components powdercoated on my play / show truck. Not wanting to do something super flashy, but want it noticeable and clean looking.

My truck is granite crystal metallic and I’m currently leaning on doing a dark bronze. First parts on the list will be a set of core 4x4 control arms. I also considered doing something close to paint match but im afraid that will blend in to the point of not noticing at all. Any other suggestions?

View attachment 234491

View attachment 234492

I would lean Silver if it was my truck
Reasons:
Granite Crystal is a shade in the silver spectrum
Metalic flakes in your paint are silver
Machined accent on your wheels are silver
Bright enough to stand out but still subtle

If you did dark bronze which is an awesome color, I feel you would be going down a rabbit hole to have the balance you're looking for. You would need to do a lot of it, like the entire rear axle etc. Its a hard color to do with an IFS truck. That is why solid axle trucks get away with it. At the end of the day its your truck do what you want to do to it just giving my food for thought

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
My old Truck was matte gun mental this color would also look mean on your suspension parts

IMG_0433.JPG

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@Freed127 your truck is looking great so far

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@Quick_Shifter so many choices out there, always hard to narrow it down.

I know its literally endless thats why I'm trying to give you some ideas to chew on. My first instinct was lime green to match the color of the mopar sticker on your window but then I read it again and you didnt want to go loud but that always changes. Try ordering a couple pieces of vinyl and wrapping color swabs on different pieces and live with them for a few days

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I’ve been doing red because my truck is true blue pearl which everyone thinks is black so the red brings out the blue 4BA76722-0B04-49E6-BC19-DD5BCE236C01.jpeg

OP
OP
Freed127

Freed127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Quick_Shifter original plan was to go green, but the older I get the more I like the clean look. Window used to be full of stickers, and now I’m down to that. Will most likely be replaced with a matte black one or to match the new powder.

Still sort of leaning on the bronze as I really would like to add some 17” bronze method wheels down the road.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Thanks for showing that diff cover, now that’s something else I gotta buy... haha

LOL its addictive. Bronze is a mean color I have a few cerakoted toys in the burn bronze color