Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin Maestas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good morning every one! I'm new here and am the proud new owner of a (new to me) 2016 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7! Brought the truck home yesterday and if course I was going through all the bells and whistles. When I came to the Commercial Settings in the EVIC it asked for a pic. Went through the owner's manual and saw that the factory default is/was 0000. Well the previous owner changed the pin. My question is, is there any way to restr the pin without having to take out into the dealership? Truck was not purchased at an authorized Ram dealer. TIA!

Big Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm wondering, myself, about these "commercial" settings. I've got a 2018 2500, and the only reference I can recall reading about these settings were in conjunction with the auxiliary switches, which mine doesn't have.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Justin Maestas

Justin Maestas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I believe that's what they're for, I have the switches on mine but I'm the type of person that it's going to bug the **** out of me until I get to go in and actually see what's in there! Lol

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You'll need the PIN. Try calling the dealer parts department and give them your VIN. They might have it in their digital records.

Otherwise, I believe you will have to visit the dealer and have them access the truck with their diagnostic tool to reset the PIN.

DuallyDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Has anyone come up with an alternative to resetting the PIN short of visiting the dealer and dumping a bunch of money? Anyone found a way with alfaOBD?

EDIT: I was successful using alfaOBD and the OBD MX adaptor with a KAOD security bypass cable. Total cost was about $180, not much more than a trip to the dealer, and now I have the tools to do many other modifications.
I detailed the procedure in post #13,723 in the alfaOBD thread.

Last edited:

DuallyDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
You'll need the PIN. Try calling the dealer parts department and give them your VIN. They might have it in their digital records.

Otherwise, I believe you will have to visit the dealer and have them access the truck with their diagnostic tool to reset the PIN.
You can use alfaOBD to reset that PIN number back to the factory default of 0000 I posted the procdure in the alfaOBD thread, post #13,732