Headers in my neighborhood?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shorty's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Long Tubes

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

Rogues Gambit

Whats up Peeps and Creeps?

Next week is my birthday and getting myself an AFE Mach Force XP-3" Catback: https://afepower.com/afe-power-49-42059-b-mach-force-xp-3-409-stainless-steel-cat-back-exhaust

Between that and a Throttle Body, should be set, then why stop there on a NA FBO build? That said, as I mentioned above, live a Condo where next door, the neighbors are an classic nuclear family and then there are weekend muscle cars and Harley's (though again, weekend), whereas I daily.

.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F07%2FP1090264.jpg (Not my house, but my neighborhood to give you an idea how how close everyone is)

So, should I get headers, or stick with the catback and if I do headers, shorties or long tubes?

Thanks in advance,

Rogue

OP
OP
R

Rogues Gambit

Main question. Do you have to pass emissions and be carb compliant?

Yes, but my Audi with a high flow cat passes.

Audi is weekend car loud and it drones at cruising speeds, but because it's a weekend car now, it's all good, though as a daily, never got complaints (though despite resonators and hfc, again, you can hear it coming a mile away, even at cruising speeds)IMG_20190823_190853.jpg
That said, regardless, would spend the extra for catted y-pipes

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Oh ok well. If you're going to have to have cats yeah I'd get the full afe longs and the ret that goes with it. Just my personal choice though. My truck responded well To them and I'm not really a brand specific kinda guy but when it works it works.

OP
OP
R

Rogues Gambit

Oh ok well. If you're going to have to have cats yeah I'd get the full afe longs and the ret that goes with it. Just my personal choice though. My truck responded well To them and I'm not really a brand specific kinda guy but when it works it works.

Yeah, go long tubes huh? Good thing I do leave a bit late on most days now

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I would personally. I had a cheaper brand of shortys on the truck and when I switched over I feel like these give me More power. But yeah a good muffler is your friend too. I had it straight piped for awhyle and me being a guy who likes almost everything loud couldn't do it. Every time I was in town people just stared. You'd have to hear it to beleive it though lol.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would go with JBA full lengths, neighbors be damned! Just don't idle too long before you leave each day. Kid next door had a Neon SRT( a business next door not a residence) and he would crank it up and let it idle for like 30 minutes every day before leaving work and it was annoying AF because that car didn't come with cats from the factory and he had it straight piped too. Long story short, if he had cranked it and left I wouldn't have been concerned about it but anything over 5 minutes in the South is overkill. Enjoy! life is too short and being NY/NJ you just never know when the next law is coming down the pipe to limit your freedoms in that area.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes go headers and if the truck stays outside during the winter months I would pull it in instead of backing it in that way when u let it idle to warm up your not muffling the sound off the garage door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
R

Rogues Gambit

I wish I could, doubt it'd fit in the garage

I'll keep it facing forward then, just gotta save for them assuming I dont get more than I expect too

Yep, definitely jonesin' for long tubes, gonna get them Coated too as well

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Jut get a Borla cat-back. I have the Type-S, it's pretty awesome. Much better than it sounds in the vids.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go long tubes with cats. You get all performance and it wont be as loud as catless. The LT's with cats wont be all that much louder than it is now until you go WOT.

Let me know if we can set you up with anything. We highly recommend American Racing Headers. We have some other options too like Stainless Works, AFE, Kooks, etc...

OP
OP
R

Rogues Gambit

Actually just picked up AFE's catback with their cyber Monday pricing (called and mentioned my birthday was Thursday, ordered that day while telling them a week earlier)

Shame they don't have a full exhaust clip with the complete system, really would love to hear how their lt/y/cat sound with their cai

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Actually just picked up AFE's catback with their cyber Monday pricing (called and mentioned my birthday was Thursday, ordered that day while telling them a week earlier)

Shame they don't have a full exhaust clip with the complete system, really would love to hear how their lt/y/cat sound with their cai
I went with the afe long tubes with cat delete and love the sound of the truck.

OP
OP
R

Rogues Gambit

Any chance you could get a sound clip, I'd love to hear how it sounds